The qualification of welders and welding operators is required for most safety-critical, pressure-related manufacturing and fabrication. This is done through welder qualification tests.
Welding procedure qualification tests are designed to show independent proof that if your welders follow a given set of parameters, then they will produce a joint that meets the design requirements. If procedures are followed, then the joint will also have the desired mechanical properties.
Validation is required by a code of construction, a regulation, or even by a contract with the end user.
Even beyond an external requirement, code compliant welding procedures are not only important for a fabricator's consistency, but also for the safety of their welders. Independent witness and review can also help refine the procedures to make sure safety-critical assets are welded to the proper level of quality.
Through providing the requirements of the principal welding codes such as ASME IX, EN ISO 15614/9606 series, as applied to both weld procedure and weld performance qualifications, this eLearning will provide you an overview of the route to weld certification. It will explain the purpose and requirements of Welding Procedure and Welder Qualification. It will provide tools to qualify your welding procedures and welders/welding operators.
This training is developed for...
This course is ideal:
- for virtually anyone involved in qualifying welding procedures and/or welding personnel such as QA/QC personnel, welding supervisors, inspectors, coordinators and engineers
- if you are seeking to develop an overview of welding qualification
- if your company is considering obtaining qualification of its welding quality management system
- if you want to refresh your current knowledge of welding qualification.
- If you want to increase the quality of the procedure and documentation.
Due to our adaptive learning methodology, the training can be used both as a refresher course for engineers and as an introduction course for non-engineers.
What you'll learn...
This eLearning provides an overview of the route to weld certification and the requirements of the principal welding codes such as ASME IX, EN ISO 15614/9606 series, as applied to both weld procedure and weld performance qualifications.
- Terminology, variables, properties and aspects of welding procedures and how they affect the properties of a weld
- Related tests
- Purposes of WPS/PQR/WPQ
- Essential and non essential variables
- Classification and ranges of approval
- Additional requirements
- Main differences between ISO/EN and ASME
- Renewal processes
After the course, you will be able to:
- understand the benefits of qualification of welding procedures .
- understand the process (and order) of qualifying welding procedures and welders.
- navigate and understand requirements of the standards, their intentions and how to use them.
- understand the content of the documents related to this activity, and therefore being able to participate in technical discussions with clients or third parties in relation to them.
- review qualifications from own company or suppliers in accordance to standards or client specifications.
What makes this AL method unique
Through years of offering training courses, we have found that our clients rarely need the same level of training for all their employees. Some are experienced and need an update, others are new to the concept of Additive Manufacturing.
Our adaptive learning uses a ‘teach by asking’ approach where it tests your knowledge and your confidence before it teaches you. This helps you learn more efficiently and focus in on what you really need to study to gain competence.
That's why our new cloud-based, eLearning approach adapts to the level of knowledge and experience of the student. As your employees go through the training, our adaptive learning engine feeds a number of continuous data points into an adaptive algorithm. This adjusts the learning path for each person, giving them a faster, easier and more focused way to learn.
A certificate is issued upon completion.
The course, depending on your knowledge level, takes approximately 1 - 2 hours to complete.
You will have access to the course for 12 months, giving you the opportunity to access the content and refresh your knowledge at any time during this period.