This training course is suitable for a range of personnel who are involved in the welding coordination process. This is including the nominated individual RWC’s along with supporting roles from Designers, Production Managers/Engineers, Supervisors and Inspection and Test personnel involved with the process of an individual or shared welding coordination role.
You need this course if...
- You want to learn how to correctly implement welding coordination for effective and practical use in accordance with EN ISO 3834 requirements.
- You want to know why specific welding processes are used for different applications and know the controls required for meeting welding quality and integrity.
- You want to understand the different features of materials used for welding, their different performance characteristics and understand weldability concepts.
- You want to know where to establish the technical details to qualify welding procedures and welders correctly.
- You want to learn know the key aspects of implementing a suitable inspection and non-destructive testing regime.
- You want to appreciate the different documents required to ensure compliance.
You will learn...
How to aim to be a competent welding coordinator for Execution Class 2 work established from a competence-based learning. (From open courses or company specific in-house courses.
You will need
An existing background in either design of welded products or welding supervision or welding inspection, or QC or from a production welding environment.
Your future development
Note: Other specialist modules are available as bolt on training offered by a number of organisations to complement the RWC 1 module. This can include aspects such as the welding of stainless steels, the welding of aluminium alloys, preparing WPS’s, managing welder qualifications, welding inspection and NDT as well as other subject matter related to RWC competence and compliance to EN ISO 14731, EN 1090 and associated / specified standards. Please contact our team for further details.
2 virtual class days but with pre course and post course distance learning case studies.
- Part 1: Pre course work: Foundation studies via distance learning. For experienced staff this will take about 4-5 hours. For less experienced staff, it will require approx 20 hrs.
- Part 2: 2- days of Zoom tuition.
- Part3: Post work: Practical case studies.
This makes up some 5 days of training + any optional specific competence-based modules for longer term success for other EXC classes.
- A certificate of attendance will be issued for all participants
- For those who complete the full course and submit assessments within 3 months after the course, a Certificate of Proficiency will also be issued.
Training with LR
With LR, you can access a wide range of courses to help you further your career and bring improvements to the management systems in your organisation. With many learning styles to choose from, our training courses can help you develop and reach your next level. Find more courses here.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.