Overcome uncertainty with careful planning during your early project stages. Our multidisciplinary team characterise sites for development, asssesing unknown conditions, hazards and risks. We also support with cost and scheduling challenges.
What we offer
Through the planning, project management, site investigation and design stages, our geoscience, survey and geotechnical expertise will give you a detailed understanding of offshore sites.
Services we can offer include:
- Offshore site assessments, including underwater noise and data gap analysis.
- Cable route and burial engineering, trenching risk assessments, burial protection studies and installation assurance.
- Survey and site investigation design, specifications and project management.
- Offshore wind farm ground-model development and foundation geotechnical engineering services.
- Geospatial and digital data services and data management services.
- Our IRIS online platform provides positioning reliability of vessels and weather forecasts together with optimal context and visibility of the status or progress of an offshore project.
What are the benefits?
- Minimised and optimised spend on the early phases
- Experience and knowledge to effectively manage survey and site investigation contractors
- Access to specialist expertise, when you need it
- Confidence that the project meets regulatory requirements
- Greater chance of achieving consent
- Deep understanding of site seabed and soils risk, and the industry sector and its technology that can be used to acquire the right data
- Your informed buyer for these specialist contractor services
- Confidence that risks have been identified and managed
Why choose LR?
When you choose to work with LR for your renewable energy project, you'll be working with a team of industry-leading experts. Our renewables experts have delivered for some of the world's most complex and ambitious projects, including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar and wave and tidal turbines. We have a global footprint, with offices and experts all over the world and we can apply our experience developed in mature renewables energy markets to those which are at an earlier stage of development. We are uniquely placed to support your project, throughout the entire lifecycle from development to decommissioning. Along with our marine heritage, we draw on decades of experience in energy and critical infrastructure. We have helped to shape and grow the renewable energy sector with our research and technology advancement activities and we remain committed to contributing to the low carbon future.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Laying the foundations: Determining underwater noise for Orsted.
We conducted survey type modelling that provided a quick overview of the site acoustics and precision type modelling for best accuracy.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.