This five-day certified training course will enable you to audit Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against FSSC 22000, ISO 22000 and ISO 22002-1 requirements.
It describes the role and responsibilities of an FSMS Lead Auditor and the underpinning principles and benefits of an FSMS.
Who should attend?
- Individuals who want to audit Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against FSSC 22000, ISO 22000 and ISO 22002-1 requirements
- Auditors, HACCP team leaders or FSMS manager who want to add credibility with a widely accepted qualification
- Organisations who wants to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
What will you learn?
- Principles, benefits and continual improvement of an FSMS in your organisation
- Processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards
- The importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- How audits contribute to the effectiveness of a management system
- The role and responsibilities of a FSMS auditor/ lead auditor
- To prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process based checklists
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- To relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation, including applicable regulations and legislation
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000 and/or FSSC 22000
- The requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA.
What do you need to prepare?
- Knowledge of FSSC 22000 and/or ISO 22000 standard
- Experience of working in the food supply chain before attending this course
- Knowledge of relevant key food safety legislation, prerequisite programmes, Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP principles as defined in Codex Alimentarius
- A basic understanding on how organisations work and the role of top management.
- 40 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- CQI & IRCA certificate