The early stages of any renewable energy project can be fraught with uncertainty; from the unknown site hazards and risks to the costs and scheduling. Often, developers don’t have access to the right technical and regulatory knowledge (e.g., seabed, geohazard and geotechnical factors).
What we offer
Our multidisciplinary team serves as a trusted partner throughout, applying geoscience, survey, geotechnical and resource assessment expertise to gain understanding of offshore sites and routes.
Services we can offer include:
- Assessing licence areas for site characteristics
- Project managing the gathering and interpretation of information on the renewables site or cable route
- Wind and marine energy site assessment
- Feasibility analysis
- Survey and site investigation campaign specification and cost-benefit analysis
- Operational audit and industry leading web-based operational supervision tools
- Site studies- seabed and sub-seabed
- Seabed risk management
- Survey and site investigation project management
- Management/procurement of related specialist studies e.g on metocean, UXO
- Regulatory advice and support through the consenting process
What are the benefits?
- Minimised and optimised spend on the early phases
- Experience and knowledge to effectively manage survey and site investigation contractors
- Access to specialist expertise, when you need it
- Confidence that the project meets regulatory requirements
- Greater chance of achieving consent
- Deep understanding of site seabed and soils risk, and the industry sector and its technology that can be used to acquire the right data
- Your informed buyer for these specialist contractor services
- Confidence that risks have been identified and managed
Why choose LR?
When you choose to work with LR for your renewable energy project, you'll be working with a team of industry-leading experts. Our renewables experts have delivered for some of the world's most complex and ambitious projects, including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar and wave and tidal turbines. We have a global footprint, with offices and experts all over the world and we can apply our experience developed in mature renewables energy markets to those which are at an earlier stage of development. We are uniquely placed to support your project, throughout the entire lifecycle from development to decommissioning. Along with our marine heritage, we draw on decades of experience in energy and critical infrastructure. We have helped to shape and grow the renewable energy sector with our research and technology advancement activities and we remain committed to contributing to the low carbon future.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Advancing energy integration for the OGA
Lloyd's Register's report for the Oil and Gas Authority explores upstream opportunities in UK waters to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
4 May 20
Offshore Technology Conference 2020.
12 Jun 20
ISO 45001:2018 Migration Seminar
29 Jun 20
CMA Shipping 2020.