The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is the leading internationally accepted construction code for defining the requirements for the design, manufacture, inspection, testing and certification of many types of boilers, pressure vessels and nuclear power plant parts.
Compliance is not only necessary for access to the US and Canadian markets, but is becoming an increasingly important criterion for buyers worldwide.
The ASME code is often required as part of a contract for the supply of materials or parts. In addition, ASME certification is recognized as an indication of the quality of the manufacturer and its products.
This two and half hour virtual course is designed to train individuals who are interested in seeking a better understanding of the markings and Data Reports requirements as per Section VIII Division 1 & 2 Codes.
By attending, participants will be better positioned to help their organizations meet the requirements of the ASME Section VIII Division 1 and 2 related to stamping / marking and certification of Data reports for pressure vessels, heat exchangers and parts thereof.
Who should attend
This course is designed for
- Owners / EPC personnel involved in inspection and acceptance of ASME pressure vessels and heat exchangers.
- Designers with experience or with basic knowledge involved in the design of ASME pressure vessels.
- Manufacturer’s quality assurance / control personnel involved in final inspection and acceptance of ASME vessels
- Personnel responsible for review and certification of Data Reports
You will learn
By the end of this workshop, the participants will understand the following and contribute to improving code compliance by your organization.
- Marking requirements for vessels
- Methods of Marking, Direct Stamping and Nameplates
- PART and PRT markings
- Marking for Heat Exchangers
- Supplementary markings for Differential design, mean metal temperature, Fixed Tubesheet exchangers
- Data Reports for single chamber vessels
- Data Reports for combination units
- Data Reports for Parts
- Additional information required on Data Reports (Impact, Inspection openings, stiffening rings, pressure retaining covers.
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course and course documentation.
2 hrs from 10.00 AM - 12.00 PM
B.E. (Mechanical Engineering)
Team Leader North & East India, Inspection Services
ASME Authorized Inspector Supervisor
Started career with Larsen & Toubro Limited, in 1988.
Working with Lloyd's Register since 1997.
- Team Leader responsible for service delivery of inspection services in North & East India and North Gujarat regions, handling key ASME and other PV clients in India
- Total work experience of 32 years in pressure vessel industry and third-party inspection.
- Qualified as ASME Authorized Inspector in 2005.
- Qualified as ASME Authorized Inspector Supervisor in 2011.
- Involved in inspection of ASME pressure vessels and heat exchangers and repair and alterations.
Extensive experience in audits and ASME joint reviews at ASME certificate holders all over India and abroad.
M.L. Ganapathi Rao
Senior Surveyor-Chennai Office.
Worked as QA Engineer in BHPV Limited from 1998-2005
Working with Lloyd’s Register since 2005
Become ASME Authorized Inspector in 2008, Authorized Nuclear Inspector in 2011, Authorized Nuclear Inspector Supervisor in 2018.
IBR Competent Person. PESO Competent Person.
Participated in ASME Joint reviews and ASME Nuclear Surveys and conducted Material Organization audits as per ASME Section III
Experience in Inspection Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Cold Stretch Vessels, Cast Iron Vessels, Air Cooled Heat Exchangers, Boilers and Safety Valves as per ASME & IBR.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.