This course is designed to train individuals who are interested in seeking a better understanding of the impact test requirements of ASME Section VIII Division 1 Code. By attending, participants will be better positioned to help their organizations comply with ASME Section VIII Division 1 requirements related to impact testing of materials, welding procedures and vessel test coupons for low temperature applications.
Who should attend
This virtual training is designed for
- Designers involved in the design and calculation of ASME pressure vessel design for low temperature applications.
- Welding engineers/Inspectors, quality assurance/ control personnel, Mechanical testing laboratory personnel.
- Personnel involved in qualifying welders, welding operators and welding procedure specifications.
- Personnel responsible for reviewing supplier's welding procedures, auditing or reviewing in house procedures and qualifications.
You will learn
By the end of this workshop, the participants will understand the following related to ASME Section VIII Division 1 and contribute to code compliance by your organization:
- Fracture mechanics
- Impact test evaluation
- Impact test exemptions
- MDMT & Governing thickness definitions
- Impact test exemption based on stress level
- Impact test – methods & acceptance criteria
- WPS qualification for impact applications
- Vessel production test requirements
- Impact test methods
A certificate of attendance after the course is issued.
This virtual training will take 2 hours from 09.30 - 11.30 hrs.
ASME Authorised Inspector Supervisor with experience of over 31 years in pressure vessel industry and 22 years at LR, handling key ASME clients in India for Code jobs inspection and ASME Joint reviews, on regular basis.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.