Why choose LR’ s Course?
- LR is one of a select few certification bodies recognised by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) for providing certification to ISO/TS 16949.
- The course is delivered by Tutor(s) qualified at the IATF course for Registrar Auditor certification.
- The Tutor(s) have hands on experience of auditing in the automotive sector.
- The three greatest challenges facing the automotive industry today are in the areas of New Product Introduction, Cost Reduction and Quality Improvement. This course will help in realizing the essential concepts related to Quality Improvement at an early stage of New Product Introduction.
LR’ s standing in the Automotive Sector
- Whatever type of car you drive, it will be a safe bet that it contains a part that has been manufactured by a company certified by LR. It could be the engine, engine control system, transmission system, transmission belts, hoses, bearings, braking systems, shock absorbers, power steering, tubing for braking and fuel systems, exhaust systems, air conditioning systems, pressings, castings, metal products, fasteners, plastic mouldings, seat belts, air-bags, instrument panels, glove boxes, ash-trays, electrical wiring, semi-conductors, printed circuit boards, lubricants, paints, oils, chemicals, sealants, adhesives, wheels, tyres – even the car itself. The list is endless.
- LR’ s reputation within the automotive industry is second to none. Car makers such as FORD, GENERAL MOTORS, VOLVO, HONDA, TOYOTA, NISSAN and ROLLS ROYCE; component suppliers such as , BRIDGESTONE- FIRESTONE, SKF, GATES, MOTOROLA, BOSCH and TENNECO have all selected LR as their choice of certification body.
You need this course if...
- Member of cross-functional team involved in APQP process.
- People required to understand and implement FMEA as a Continual Improvement tool.
You will learn...
- The purpose of an IMS and the principles of management systems
- Essential definitions to help you interpret and audit an IMS
- To analyse clauses of the international standards and suggest examples of evidence that would show conformance with these requirements
- The roles and responsibilities of an auditor and lead auditor
- To simultaneously audit against the similar requirements of the standards
- The concept of risk management in an Integrated system
- To prepare an on-site audit plan that establishes effective audit trails across processes and between members of an audit team
- How to audit processes for conformance and effectiveness, including any specific objectives
- To understand interrelation between different clauses of the standards.
- To prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process based checklists
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- How to evaluate objective evidence and correctly identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements
- To report findings accurately against requirements of the standards, write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- How to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation and present your overall evaluation to top management
You will need
- A basic understanding of quality management systems would be an advantage and essential.
- Knowledge of FMEA would be an advantage though not mandatory.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Your future development...
AIAG ‘s FMEA manual.
This course can be delivered as an in-company event.