This one-day course will explore the fire and safety aspects you need to consider during the design, construction and operation phase of passenger ships and yachts.
The course will give you a solid approach in finding and tackling the applicable statutory and flag state requirements during design, new construction, refits and/or repairs of passenger ships and yachts.
Who will benefit?
The course is suitable for anyone involved in owning or operating a passenger ship and yacht, as well as those involved in design, new construction, repair and refits of these ships.
Topics that will be covered
- Classification rules and how ships enter into and are maintained ‘in class’
- Identification and interpretation of applicable international and flag state legislation
- Fire load calculations
- Material selection, certification and survey
- Type approvals
- Requesting exemptions, alternatives, equivalences
- The design appraisal process
- Site surveys
- Case studies
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the courses.