The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is the leading internationally accepted construction code for defining the requirements for the design, manufacture, inspection, testing and certification of many types of boilers, pressure vessels and nuclear power plant parts. The boilers and boiler component including piping – requiring installation in India needs to comply with the requirements of Indian Boiler Regulation.
Compliance to these Codes and Standards is not only necessary for installing the boiler/ boiler component/ pressure vessel/ piping in order to ensure safety, but is becoming an increasingly important criterion for buyers worldwide.
The ASME/IBR code is often required as part of a contract for the supply of boiler or boiler components as a statutory requirement. In addition, ASME certification/ IBR Certification is recognized as an indication of the quality of the manufacturer and its products.
This course will help the manufacturer/EPC/user personnel in applying the correct requirements/ exemptions of Codes pertaining to Heat Treatment and Non Destructive Examination.
Who should attend
Those working in boiler and rpessure vessel/piping industry, including:
- Design engineers
- Factory production managers and operators
- QA/QC personnel
- NDE personnel
- Technical heads of functions (e.g. engineering manager)
- Technical manager
You will learn
PWHT and NDE as per ASME & IBR codes for boiler and piping:
- Requirements of ASME Sec I/B31.1 for PWHT
- Requirements of ASME Sec I.B31.1 for NDE
- Requirements of IBR for PWHT
- Requirements of IBR for NDE
At the end of this course, you will be:
- familiar with some of the common definitions provided in Code(s), which would help in interpreting the Code language.
- familiar with ASME Sec I/ B31.1 for the heat treatment and Non Destructive Examination.
- familiar with Indian Boiler Regulation for the heat treatment and Non Destructive Examination.
- able to apply the Code rules requirements/ exemption precisely.
A certificate of attendance after the course is issued.
This virtual training will take 2,5 hours from 10.00 am - 12.30 pm
B.E. (Mechanical); M.Tech (Quality Management)
Shyam has been with Lloyd’s Register since 2008. He is a Senior Specialist at Mumbai Plan Appraisal Office and is has an overall experience of 16 years in design appraisal (review) and inspection of various types of industrial pressure equipment (Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Water Tube Boilers, Fire tube Boilers, Spheres, Tanks, Piping etc.) to various national and international Codes (viz. ASME Codes , IBR, PD 5500, AS1210, IS 2825, AD Merkblatt, EN 13445, EN12953, EN 12952, API and TEMA Standards).
Mr Shyam is professionally qualified
- Member of Institution of Engineers (India)
- Chartered Engineer - Institution of Engineers (India)
- Authorised Inspector - ASME
- Competent Person – IBR
- Inspector – MOM, Singapore.
- Post graduate diploma in advanced Piping and stress analysis
- Member of Materials and Fabrication committee - ASME Pressure Vessel & Piping Division.
- Journal publications/ presentation in conferences/ technical symposiums.
- Life Member – Indian Society of Non-Destructive Testing.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.