The statutory requirements in India requires that the design, manufacture, inspection, testing and certification of all types of boilers, boiler components, pressure vessels and piping which are to either generate steam or use steam or feedwater need to comply to the Boiler Act and Indian Boiler Regulation (IBR).
Any user of boiler cannot install and run the boiler in India without complying to the requirements of IBR. Hence, it becomes all the more important to comply to the requirements of IBR right from design, material procurement (right from the mill where the original cast was poured to establish traceability), stage wise fabrication, inspection, testing, certification and installation.
Compliance to IBR is often required as part of a contract for the supply of heat exchangers wherein steam or boiler feed is a medium either on one side or on both sides of exchanger. In addition, IBR certification is recognized as an indication of the quality of the manufacturer and its products not only in India, even in many other countries their statutory requirements accepts if the boiler or boiler component is made to IBR.
Who should attend
This course is designed for
Designers/ Materials engineers/ Production engineers/ Quality personnel and NDE personnel with experience or with basic knowledge and who are involved in the design/ manufacture/ inspection and testing of IBR for boiler, boiler components, pressure vessel, heat exchanger and piping.
You will learn
By the end of this workshop you will understand how the code can contribute to improving your organization.
- The requirements of Boiler Act
- How IBR is organized.
- Few common definitions in IBR
- Requirements for design
- Requirements for material and IBR Forms
- Requirements for welding and welder qualification
- Requirements for heat treatment
- Requirements for NDE
- Requirements for testing
- Requirements of Appendix J
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course and course documentation.
2 hrs from 10.00 AM - 12.00 PM
B.E. (Mechanical); M.Tech (Quality Management)
Shyam has been with Lloyd’s Register since 2008. He is a Senior Specialist at Mumbai Plan Appraisal Office and is has an overall experience of 16 years in design appraisal (review) and inspection of various types of industrial pressure equipment (Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Water Tube Boilers, Fire tube Boilers, Spheres, Tanks, Piping etc.) to various national and international Codes (viz. ASME Codes , IBR, PD 5500, AS1210, IS 2825, AD Merkblatt, EN 13445, EN12953, EN 12952, API and TEMA Standards).
Mr Shyam is professionally qualified
- Member of Institution of Engineers (India)
- Chartered Engineer - Institution of Engineers (India)
- Authorised Inspector - ASME
- Competent Person – IBR
- Inspector – MOM, Singapore.
- Post graduate diploma in advanced Piping and stress analysis
- Member of Materials and Fabrication committee - ASME Pressure Vessel & Piping Division.
- Journal publications/ presentation in conferences/ technical symposiums.
- Life Member – Indian Society of Non-Destructive Testing.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.