Who will benefit
This course is comprehensive and fully self-contained. No knowledge of management systems, the ISM or ISPS Code or auditing is assumed or necessary. This course is equally suitable for those who have, or may have in the future, duties involving matters of safety and pollution prevention, and of international maritime security and who want to develop a good grasp of how management systems can achieve these goals. The course will provide the knowledge from which an auditor can gain useful practical audit experience.
Through a highly participative combination of presentations, group discussions, case studies with individual and syndicate exercises, you will learn about and understand:
- the content of the ISM and ISPS Code and its interpretation
- management systems and the risk management principles that underpin the ISM and ISPS Code
- the principles and practice of auditing.
Your company will benefit from having a team member who will be able to play an important part in ensuring the effectiveness and continual improvement of its management system. The course will cover the following modules:
- the background, objectives and impact of the ISM and ISPS Code
- the principles of the ISM and ISPS Code as a management system model
- the content of the ISM and ISPS Code
- the basics of safety and security management and risk in shipping
- continual improvement in a management system.
In addition you will gain knowledge of the key principles and current practices used in internal auditing including:
- the role and responsibilities of the internal auditor
- planning and preparation of the audit
- audit techniques
- the conduct of the audit
- the relationship between the auditor and the interviewee
- reporting the audit
- non-conformity and its resolution.
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Subscribe to our training newsletter to receive details of courses and seminars near you
20 Sep - 23 Sep 2021
Virtual classroom (GMT-5) - Spanish
- USD$1560 excluding GST