This virtual course provides an overview of the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU and how to apply it.
Who should attend
Those with manufacturing, procuring, exporting, commissioning or distributing pressure equipment experience and have an understanding of pressure equipment design and construction code, including:
- Design engineers
- Procurement Personnel
- Factory production managers and operators
- QA/QC personnel
- Technical Heads of Function (e.g. Engineering manger)
- Technical manager
You will learn
- Introduction to pressure vessel failure and safety - globally
- Description of EC Directives formulation, purpose and structure
- Scope and definitions in the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU
- Classification requirements
- Conformity Assessment methods 2014/68/EU
- Introduction to Essential Safey Requirements
- Technical Documentation
- CE Marking
A certificate of attendance after the course is issued.
This virtual course will last 2,5 hrs from 10.00 AM - 12.30 PM.
Mr B Viswanath received his Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) from A.I.T. College, Chikmagalur, Karnataka in 1995.
He has been with Lloyd’s Register since 2006. He is a Technical Team Leader at Mumbai Plan Appraisal Office and is having 23 years of experience (Till date) in detail engineering & design appraisal (review) of various types of industrial pressure equipment (Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Water Tube Boilers, Fire tube Boilers, Spheres, Tanks, Piping etc.) to various national and international Codes (viz.ASME Codes , PD 5500, AS1210, IS 2825, AD Merkblatt, EN 13445, EN12953, EN 12952, API and TEMA Standards]. He has Authority on PED-ECD Work and Professional Engineer for ASME Section VIII Div. 2 Certification.
Mr Viswanath is professionally qualified as
- Member of Institution of Engineers (India)
- Chartered Engineer - Institution of Engineers (India)
- Competent Person - CCOE, India
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.