The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is the leading internationally accepted construction code for defining the requirements for the design, manufacture, inspection, testing and certification of many types of boilers, pressure vessels and nuclear power plant parts.
Compliance is not only necessary for access to the US and Canadian markets but is becoming an increasingly important criterion for buyers worldwide.
The ASME code is often required as part of a contract for the supply of materials or parts. In addition, ASME certification is recognized as an indication of the quality of the manufacturer and its products.
This two and half hour’s virtual course is designed to train individuals who are interested in seeking a better understanding of the Requirements for LAS fabrication as per ASME Section VIII, Div.2 code.
By attending, participants will be better positioned to help their organizations meet the requirements of the ASME Section VIII Division 2 related to LAS fabrication requirements for pressure vessels, heat exchangers and parts thereof.
Who should attend
- Owners / EPC personnel involved in inspection and acceptance of ASME pressure vessels and heat exchangers.
- Manufacturer’s Designers, procurement personnel, Production and Quality Control personnel involved in preparation of material specification, procurement, production and inspection of ASME pressure vessels constructed of LAS materials.
- Material manufacturers’ QC personnel providing compliance to ASME Section VIII Div.2 requirements.
You will learn
By the end of this workshop, the participants will understand the following and contribute to improving code compliance by your organization.
- Low Alloy Steel Material permitted for ASME Sec VIII Div. 2 construction and their general requirements
- Supplemental requirements for Cr-Mo steels
- Fabrication & Welding requirements
- Preheating and Post weld heat treatment requirements.
- Examination of welded joints
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course and course documentation.
2.5 hrs from 10.00 AM - 12.30 PM
Bipad Taran Kundu
B.E. (Metallurgical Engineering)
ASME Authorized Inspector Supervisor, ASME Nuclear Inspector
Started career with Bharat Heavy Plates & Vessels Limited, Visakhapatnam, in 1996.
Working with Lloyd's Register since 2006.
Total work experience of 24 years in pressure vessel industry and third-party inspection.
- Qualified as ASME Authorized Inspector in 2007.
- Qualified as ASME Authorized Inspector Supervisor in 2012.
- Qualified as ASME Authorized Nuclear Inspector in 2018.
- Involved in inspection of ASME pressure vessels and heat exchangers and repair and alterations.
Experience in audits and ASME joint reviews at ASME certificate holders all over India.
Mr B Viswanath received his Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) from A.I.T. College, Chikmagalur, Karnataka in 1995.
Mr Viswanath is professionally qualified as
Member of Institution of Engineers (India)
Chartered Engineer - Institution of Engineers (India)
Competent Person - CCOE, India
- With Lloyd’s Register since 2006.
- Technical Team Leader at Mumbai Plan Appraisal Office.
- Having 23 years of experience (Till date) in detail engineering & design appraisal (review) of various types of industrial pressure equipment (Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Water Tube Boilers, Fire tube Boilers, Spheres, Tanks, piping etc.) to various national and international Codes (viz. ASME Codes, PD 5500, AS1210, IS 2825, AD Merkblatt, EN 13445, EN12953, EN 12952, API and TEMA Standards].
Authority on PED-ECD Work and Professional Engineer for ASME Section VIII Div. 2 Certification.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.