The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is the leading internationally accepted construction code for defining the requirements for the design, manufacture, inspection, testing and certification of many types of boilers, pressure vessels and nuclear power plant parts.
Compliance is not only necessary for access to the US, European and Canadian markets, but is becoming an increasingly important criterion for buyers worldwide.
This 2 hr virtual course (delivered through TEAMS) is designed to train individuals who are interested in seeking a better understanding of Welding Document Preparation as per Code. The delegate receives instructions as well as insight into the intricacies of "real world" situations. Practice exercises are designed to gauge delegates’ proficiency and understanding of the material.
By attending, participants will be better positioned to help their organizations meet the requirements of the Qualification requirements as per ASME Section IX.
Who should attend
This course is designed for
- Welding Supervisors with experience or with basic knowledge and who are involved in the preparation of qualification documents.
- Welding Engineers new to ASME Section IX.
- Personnel working for Manufacturers seeking the ASME’s Certificate of Authorization and Certificate Mark stamp or already working with the fabrication as per various ASME Section(s) seeking refresher training.
You will learn
By the end of this workshop you will understand how the code can contribute to improving your organization.
- Part 1 - Background and Organizational Responsibilities.
- Part 2 - Few Welding Definitions.
- Part 3 - Preparation of Draft WPS
- Part 4 - Welding variables
- Part 5 - Carrying out the actual testing bases on Draft WPS.
- Part 6 - Writing PQRs.
- Part 7 - Welder Performance Qualifications
- Part 8- Renewal or expiration of welders.
- Part 9 - Maintenance of Records.
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course and course documentation.
2 hrs. from 10.00 AM - 12.00 PM
Ritendra Nath Chakraborty,
He has been with Lloyd’s Register since 2012. He is Senior Surveyor at Pune Office and is having 15 years of experience (Till date) in Inspection , Testing and Commissioning of various types of industrial pressure equipment (Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Water Tube Boilers, Fire tube Boilers, Spheres, Tanks, Piping, Valves etc.) to various national and international Codes (viz. ASME Codes , DOSH, MOM Singapore, PD 5500, AD Merkblatt, EN 13445, EN 15614, EN 9702, IBR, API and TEMA Standards].
Mr Ritendra Nath Chakraborty received his Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) from Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal in 2005.
Mr Riten is professionally qualified as
- Member of Institution of Engineers (India)
- Chartered Engineer - Institution of Engineers (India)
- Competent Person - IBR, India
- Authorized Inspector – ASME, USA
- Authorized Inspector – MHLW, Japan
- Course for New Build Commissioned Inspectors – National Board, USA
- CSWIP Visual Inspector – TWI, Malaysia
- NDE Level II (PT, MT, UT, RI) – TWI, Malaysia
- NDE Level II (TOFD) – TWI, Chennai
- ISO3834 Training Course – LR, Chennai
- Material Foundation Course training–LRA, Mumbai
- Basic course on PED 2014/68/EU (Formerly 97/23/EC) –LR, Shanghai
- Assessor Course for Additive Manufacturing – LR, Italy
- Advanced Welding machineries – IIW, Navi Mumbai Chapter
- Boiler Operation, Maintenance and RLA Studies – NPC, Chennai
Major Trainings / Presentations Delivered:
- Training on ASME Section IX requirements and 2019 Code Changes, Pune (Public Course)
- Training on ASME Section IX requirements and 2019 Code Changes, Toyo, Mumbai
- Paper presentation on Remaining Life Assessment of Boilers – National Productivity Council, Chennai.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.