ASME's standards are developed by technical committees – mechanical engineers and others who represent various facets of their industries, from manufacturers and installers to insurers, inspectors, distributors, regulatory agencies and end users.
Currently, more than 5,000 technical experts from around the world work with ASME worldwide to publish some 550 standards.
The AIA of Lloyd's Register, Lloyd's Register Verification Limited, is actively involved in the ASME committee work. This benefits our clients in several ways:
- We assist new applicants in the certification process
- We can pursue requests for interpretations or Code revisions of our clients and inspectors
- Our surveyors are fully up-to-date due to our participating in the standards development process
- We make our inspectors and clients aware of revisions to standards and their technical basis before they're published
Current ASME Committee involvement
Board on Conformity Assessment (BCA)
- Committee on Boiler & Pressure Vessel Conformity Assessment
- Committee on AIA Accreditation
BPV Committee on Power Boilers (Section I)
- Subgroup on General Requirements & Piping (BPV I)
- BPV I Power Boilers Germany International Working Group (IWG)
- BPV I Power Boilers India International Working Group (IWG)
BPV Committee on Pressure Vessels (VIII)
- Subgroup on Fabrication and Inspection (SC VIII)
- Subgroup on General Requirements (SC VIII)
- Subgroup on Design (SC VIII)
- BPV VIII Germany International Working Group (GIWG)
Subgroup on General Requirements (SC VIII)
Taskgroup on U-29(g) (VIII)
BPV Committee on Welding, Brazing and Fusing (IX)
Subgroup on Welding Qualifications (SC IX)
BPV Committee on Transport Tanks (XII)
Subgroup on Design and Materials (SC XII)
BPV III Executive Committee
BPV III Construction of Nuclear Facility Components India International Working Group (IWG)
Board on Pressure Technology Codes and Standards
BPTCS/BNCS Special Committee on Use of Additive Manufacturing for Pressure Retaining Equipment
Y14 Engineering Product Definition and Related Documentation Practices
Y14 Subcommittee 46 - Product Definition for Additive Manufacturing
Technical Oversight Management Committee (TOMC)
Maine Conference Group
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Adding flexibility through remote inspection.
Read how our remote inspection saves one client more than 50% in inspection cost.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.