LR SEASAFE-Onboard is a user-friendly graphics-oriented Windows application which performs all statutory required calculations onboard or in the on-shore office, and has a rich variety of features from specialised loading operations to advanced intact and damage stability calculations.
LR SEASAFE-Onboard supports all types of vessels including semi-submersible offshore platforms/drilling rigs and jack-ups. SEASAFE-Onboard can be approved by all major classification societies for any type of vessels and calculations and has been generally approved by Lloyd's Register.
Interactive 2D/3D model of the vessel displays ship attitude, cargoes, reference points, damages, points of grounding. draft marks etc and allowing single or multiple selection of compartments, deck/crane unit loads etc in one of the following graphical views of the vessel:
- 2D Transverse section of the ship (hull and compartments) at any longitudinal position.
- 2D Side Profile/Silhouette
- 2D Plan Profile/Silhouette
- 3D Rendered Model (transparency and many other rendering and presentational options can be selected by the user)
Loading operations can be performed directly in the graphics (including deck/unit load definition and heavy-lift operations directly in the graphics).
Highly customisable template-based report for all the features and calculations. The software is pre-loaded with a library of standard report templates.
The layout, contents and format of tables, diagrams and reports can be fully customized by the user. All such customization can be saved in User Profiles. One User Profile contains customization of all the screens in the software, any number of such User Profiles can be defined, all the screens are re-arranged according to a certain User Profile with one mouse click. The software is pre-loaded with Standard User Profiles.
Integrated Import/Export and Backup/Archive/Restore
There is an integrated Import and Export, Backup and Restore solution for all user-defined data such as loading condition, standard loads libraries, report templates and user profiles etc.
Any particular subset of data can be selected for Import, Export, Backup or Restore (for example one or several loading conditions selected by the user).
Any subset of data including loading conditions can be exported to a file on a USB Memory Stick or CD-ROM or as attachment to an Email and then re-imported on another computer that has the same SEASAFE-Onboard software installed. This enables exchange of user data and loading conditions between the office ashore and onboard the vessel or between different computers in the same or different offices.
Optional Connection to a Tank Gauging System for SEASAFE-Onboard
SEASAFE-Onboard version of the software can be configured to communicate with the vessels Tank Gauging System in order to obtain the levels of the loads in the tanks and the actual floating position through draft sensors and inclinometers, other parameters can also be exchanged such wind/current speeds, thruster and mooring forces etc.
- Create a loading condition by specifying:
- Draft/displacement, trim, heel and VCG/KG
- Draft mark readings and VCG (KG)
- Loads in compartments, special input for Oil Cargo (API/Temperature), Grain cargo, Dredging etc.
- Container loading through the special Container Bay facility
- Deck/Unit Loads
- Cable loading through a special Cable compartment facility
- Crane loads and crane/heavy lift operations
- (support for A-frames and complex cranes, for instance knuckle jib cranes, can be defined and operated, there is support for tandem lift, deep-water operation, operation with different hooks and wire arrangements for one crane etc.)
- Dredging loads
- (with automatic inflow and outflow over the hopper edge and the rotation coefficient for the dredging cargo)
- Tween deck/hatch cover operations
- Flooding of compartments
- Gas Pressure Control in compartments
Most loading operations can be done directly in the ship graphics (including compartment selection and loading, deck/unit load definition etc.)
Connect to the on-board tank level gauging system and acquire the actual loading condition.
Load a loading condition from the disk.
Send a loading condition as an attachment to an e-mail to enable its recreation on a remote computer.
Intact, damaged and/or grounded.
Stability Criteria Evaluation
- Assessment against any selected stability criteria (such as IMO/SOLAS regulations),
- intact as well as damaged
- All the common stability criteria are provided by default
- New stability criteria can be defined as macros or provided by SEASAFE support and imported
- All the intermediate results for the Stability Criteria Evaluation such as GZ & Heeling Arms Curves and their Areas Under curves, all the angles related to the stability criteria (such as angles of down flooding etc), the break-down of wind moment calculations for the IMO Weather Criteria and much more.
- Longitudinal upright (upright or inclined for Torsion Moments)
- Intact, Damaged and/or Grounded
- Assessment against Permissible Bending Moments & Shear Forces
- Assessment against Permissible Torsion Moments
Opening / Reference Points
Tabulated distances to the waterline, heel to immersion etc.
Cargo outflow (emergency response/ salvage features)
- Hydrostatic pressure/balance calculations to establish sea ingress and cargo outflow for a damage with a known geometrical extent. Can be combined with grounding.
- Adjusted for ship attitude and wave.
- Transverse section of the ship (hull and compartments) at any longitudinal position.
- Multi-selection of compartments in the Graphics.
- Loading operations directly in the graphics (including deck/unit load definition directly in the graphics)
- Displaying ship attitude, cargoes, reference points, damages, points of grounding. draft marks etc.
- Interactive 3D model of the vessel allowing selection of compartments, deck/crane unit loads etc.
SEASAFE-Onboard can run on the following operating systems:
Microsoft Windows 10 (all 32-bit/64-bit editions) [recommended]
Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 (all 32-bit editions, all 64-bit editions) [recommended]
dual core or higher 2.4 GHz+ (i5 or i7 series Intel processor or equivalent AMD)
Intel Pentium IV or higher if Microsoft Windows XP
NOTE: although not recommended, if critical, the SEASAFE-Onboard version
can be configured to also work on an older PC with an older version of MS Windows
Minimum RAM requirements:
at least 4 GB
Graphics Card requirements:
not necessary, but recommended for better and quicker 3D graphical presentation
1600x1200 resolution and at least 20” monitor [recommended]
[SXGA (1280 × 1024) 17'' monitor or higher with 32-bit colours]
NOTE: although some user-friendliness might be lost, our software can be made
fully functional on a computer with a smaller/older monitor such as Super VGA (800 × 600) or a higher-resolution 15'' monitor with 256 colours
If the software is downloaded as a single self-installing executable [download ~35 MB]:
USB stick or direct Internet Connection [recommended]
If the software is purchased on a CD-ROM:
CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive or similar device capable of reading CD-ROM
Hard-disk space required:
Minimum installation: 40 MB (on-line help included)
Maximum installation: 3-15 MB per ship + full SEASAFE documentation 40-50 MB