The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code is the leading internationally accepted construction code for defining the requirements for the design, manufacture, inspection, testing and certification of many types of boilers, pressure vessels and nuclear power plant parts. . Compliance is not only necessary for access to the US and Canadian markets, but is becoming an increasingly important criterion for buyers worldwide.
The ASME code is often required as part of a contract for the supply of materials or parts. In addition, ASME certification is recognized as an indication of the quality of the manufacturer and its products.
Who should attend?
The training course is aimed at everyone who deals with issues concerning 'ASME constructed' pressure equipment.
Introduction to ASME VIII, Div 1
This introduction course will be given over 3 days. It covers the following topics:
- Structure of the ASME Section VIII Div.1;
- Material requirements for pressure equipment;
- Design and construction aspects;
- Mandatory and informative additions;
- Inspections & tests;
- Technical documentation;
The training will be held at Lloyd's Register, Level 28, Naza Tower, Platinum Park, Persiaran KLCC, 50088 KL.
Time: 09.00 - 17.00
During the course attendees will be given the opportunity to ask questions and complete step-by-step exercises from our manual to get the most from this course.
After the course, delegates are
- familiar with the structure of the ASME Sections VIII Div.1. and the supporting ASME Sections V and IX.
- You also have practical leads to search in the ASME Code Sections.
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course and course documentation.
* LLOYD'S REGISTER OF SHIPPING (MALAYSIA) BHD is a HRDF Registered Training Provider.