The Construction Products Regulation (CPR) lays down harmonised rules for the marketing of construction products in the EU. The Regulation provides a common technical language to assess the performance of construction products.
The Declaration of Performance is a key part of the Construction Products Regulation. It provides information on the performance of a product.
CE marking of construction product has become mandatory in EU since 1st July 2014 and steel structure used for load bearing application within the definition of construction product shall be CE marked.
EN1090 -1 is the most commonly used harmonised technical standard for the fabrication of steel and aluminium load bearing components and kits.
CE marking of steel structure can only be carried out by manufacturers who has a certified factory production control system assessed and certified by a notified body who is approved by European commission.
Harmonised European standards provide a technical basis to assess the performance of construction products. They enable manufacturers to draw up the Declaration of Performance as defined in the Construction Products Regulation, and affix the CE marking
While EN1090-1 lays down the requirements for setting up the factory production control system and initial type testing, EN1090-2 provides the technical requirements for the fabrication of steel structure. These requirements are based on the Execution Class (EXC) that is applicable for the steel structure.
This course is designed for...
Manufacturers, end users, EPC’s and contractors.
You will learn...
By the end of this workshop you will understand how the standards can contribute to improving your organization.
- Construction Production Regulation EU No. 305/2011
- Structure of CPR and its relationship with EN1090 series standard
- Essential Characteristic of CPR
- Overview of EN1090-1
- Initial Type Testing requirements
- Factory Production Control System
- Declaration of performance & CE Marking requirements
- fabrication requirement according to EN1090-2 Standard.
- Construction documentations
- Requirements of Cutting, Drilling / Holing , Forming & Welding . Requirements according to various execution classes.
- Inspection & Testing
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course and course documentation.
* LLOYD'S REGISTER OF SHIPPING (MALAYSIA) BHD is a HRDF Registered Training Provider.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.