Manufacturers of pressure equipment selling into most European countries (the European Economic Area) must make sure they comply with the requirements of the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 2014/68/EU).
The PED sets out essential requirements for pressure equipment and assemblies. They vary according to how much pressure, liquid, or gas the equipment is designed to contain. The PED does not tell manufacturers how to meet these requirements, allowing them the flexibility to meet the requirements with various manufacturing standards.
The training course provides you with tools to apply the complex subject matter of European legislation, the application of regulations and standards in a structured way to meet your specific requirements.
This course is currently available as a class training but is also available online.
Who should attend
Those with an interest in manufacturing, procuring, exporting, commissioning or distributing pressure equipment in the EU and associated countries such as Switzerland, Norway and Iceland and the UK. This course is applicable to those that
- Are relatively new to the PED and need a general introduction to the PED and
- Experienced professionals that need to refresh their general PED knowledge.
This training course will give a general overview of:
- General introduction to EC Directives
- General introduction to PED
- Conformity assessment
- The role of the Notified Body
- Technical documentation
- CE Marking
- PED guidelines
You will have a general and solid understanding on how to apply the PED Guidelines in your organization.
What you will learn
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and structure of EC Directives
- Identify the different stakeholders
- Identify the Scope and key Definitions in the Pressure Equipment Directive
- Understand the concept of Essential Safety Requirements (ESR’s)
- Conduct a simple Product Classification
- Understand the fundamentals of Conformity Assessment
- Explain the role of the Notified Body in Conformity Assessment
- Describe the purpose, contents and format of the required Technical documentation
- State the requirements for CE marking
- Understand what you need to do to comply
- Understand how your existing manufacturing or procurement strategies can be adapted
The class will use worked examples and group exercises. Each delegate attending the course will be provided with a hard copy of the presentation, exercises undertaken, examples of guidelines, a copy of the Pressure Equipment Directive and a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
* LLOYD'S REGISTER OF SHIPPING (MALAYSIA) BHD is a HRDF Registered Training Provider.