27 Mar - 3/28/2019
- Location Online
- Venue Virtual Event
The Lloyd’s Register Safety Accelerator, Lloyd's Register Foundation and HSE would like to invite you to a collaborative expert forum, bringing together key HSE site inspectors, Lloyd's Register industry experts and researchers from Lloyd’s Register Foundation, as well as engineers and managers working in confined spaces. The forum is seeking to analyse and mitigate the risk to an engineer entering a confined space, and explore how we can reduce the number of safety incidents globally, by applying innovative solutions.
The Foundation will explore and present findings from their recently commissioned report, seeking to understand and uncover possible recurring trends in confined spaces and container safety incidences. Attendees will be able to contribute to the report, by providing insight at the forum and will get an exclusive first-look insight into some of the findings.
HSE speakers and panellists will present their first-hand accounts of real world situations they have encountered, through their work and during site inspections.
Themes to be explored:
- Innovations in confined spaces
- Designing out confined spaces altogether
- Replacing human involvement through robotics
- Changing behaviours of those working in confined spaces
- Effective and immersive training solutions
- How to deal with toxic atmospheres not visible to the naked eye
- How to combat unplanned rescues
The team from the Lloyd’s Register Safety Accelerator will also be in attendance, highlighting the need for the adoption of innovative technologies in safety-critical industries, with a particular focus on confined spaces. They will explore tech that can mitigate the risk of confined spaces and will be seeking an industry challenge partner to develop new innovative technology, in a real-world pilot environment, funded by the Programme.
- Get exclusive first-look access to the Confined Spaces Report, conducted by Lloyd’s Register Foundation
- Contribute to the report’s findings during the interactive sessions
- Help to understand, prevent, recognise and mitigate risk around confined spaces
- Influence and mould a brief and contribute to a Confined Spaces Safety Challenge, for the world’s first Accelerator dedicated, to solving critical safety and risk challenges
- Have your company's safety or risk challenge around confined spaces be considered for innovation funding by the Lloyd's Register Safety Accelerator
- Gain invaluable insight and one-to-one engagement with HSE scientists and inspectors
- Network with like-minded industry peers
Please contact email@example.com to find out more about attending this event.