Version 8 of the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety (BRCGS V8) has been published today, 1 August 2018. The standard provides a framework to manage product safety, integrity, legality and quality for the food manufacturing, processing and packing industry.
Assessments against the new version of the standard will commence from the 1st February 2019
Key changes / highlights
- Encouraging a food safety culture
- Expansion of the requirements for environmental monitoring
- Encouraging sites to further develop systems for security and food defence
- Adding clarity to the requirements for high risk and high care production risk zones
- Providing greater clarity for pet food manufacturers
- Ensuring global applicability and GFSI benchmarking
How we can help
As an official BRCGS certification body, we know that BRCGS V8 certification demonstrates your commitment to food safety and builds stakeholder trust and is regularly required by organisations as part of their supplier approval procedures.
To help you understand the changes and what you need to do, we will be offering the following services locally via our global network of BRCGS technical experts:
- A series of webinars – designed to help you understand the changes and what they mean to your organisation
- Briefing workshops – half day workshops to look at the changes, followed by an exercise and Q&A session to help you create a plan for BRCGS V8 implementation
- GAP visit – a one day site visit where one of our assessors looks at your current operations and identify what areas require focus to ensure the BRCGS V8 audit is as successful as possible.
Why choose LR?
- We are technical experts with a pragmatic but thorough approach, meaning you will get the audit you need when you need it delivered by our global network of BRCGS assessors
- We are an official BRCGS certification body and have a deep understanding of the scheme
- If you are not ready for the changes, we will help ensure you are through our wide range of services and value-added information
- Our ability to combine audits and offer a full range of services will allow you to save time, hassle and ultimately money
- Customer care is important to us, you will always have access to the right people and enjoy the best BRCGS experience available
For more information about our wide range of BRCGS V8 services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.