You need this course if...
- You want to audit Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against ISO 22000 requirements
- You are an Auditor or FSMS Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification
You will learn...
- The underpinning principles and benefits of a FSMS in an organisation’s success
- The background, purpose and intent of ISO 22000
- The principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards
- The importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- How continual improvement is applied within a FSMS
- The contribution audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- The roles and responsibilities of a FSMS auditor and lead auditor
- About processes, and how to use them to audit the effective implementation of the FSMS
- To prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process based checklists
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- How to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation being audited, including applicable regulations and legislation
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000
- The certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA
You will need...
- Experience of working in the food supply chain before attending this course
- Knowledge of relevant key food safety legislation, prerequisite programmes, Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP principles as defined in Codex Alimentarius
- To understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management