You need this course if...
- You want to audit Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against ISO 22000 requirements
- You are an Auditor or FSMS Manager and want to add to your credibility with a widely accepted qualification
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification
You will learn...
- The underpinning principles and benefits of a FSMS in an organisation’s success
- The background, purpose and intent of ISO 22000
- The principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards
- The importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- How continual improvement is applied within a FSMS
- The contribution audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- The roles and responsibilities of a FSMS auditor and lead auditor
- About processes, and how to use them to audit the effective implementation of the FSMS
- To prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process based checklists
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- How to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation being audited, including applicable regulations and legislation
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000
- The certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA
You will need...
- Experience of working in the food supply chain before attending this course
- Knowledge of relevant key food safety legislation, prerequisite programmes, Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP principles as defined in Codex Alimentarius
- To understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Your future development...
This course can be delivered as an in-company event.