This three-day course is for those organisations that need to start implementing an information security management system (ISMS) that conforms to ISO 27001:2013 requirements. You will be provided with an overview and background to information security and helped to implement a robust ISMS to protect and enhance the future performance of your organisation.
This course includes workshops where you will implement ISO 27001 requirements enabling you to share ideas and experiences with other delegates, which you can then apply back into your organisation.
Who should attend?
Any individual responsible for managing organisation’s information security which have been tasked with implementing an ISMS certified to ISO 27001.
What will you learn?
- To protect your organisation from a breach in information security
- To define the scope of an ISMS and develop objectives
- To identify your assets and determine the risks and their potential impact
- To apply values to the above assets
- To determine and produce applicable policies and procedures
- To identify awareness training and appropriate controls
- Various approaches you can take to find the best solution for your organisation.
What do you need to prepare?
- A good understanding of ISO 27001 and its requirements
- The knowledge presented in Introduction to ISO 27001:2013 requirements course
- Delegates will be required to bring a laptop with Wi-Fi capability.
- 19.5CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- Certificate of attendance.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Your future development
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.