The International Standard ISO 29990 was prepared by Technical Committee ISO / TC 232 "services for learning related to education and non-formal education" and is consistent with many management system standards published by ISO, in particular ISO 9001.
The standard specifies basic requirements for providers of learning services in education and non-formal education. It also provides a general model for the quality and performance of professional activities and a common reference in the design, development and provision of education, training and development of non-formal education.
What is ISO 29990?
- the vocational training centres;
- training centres for lifelong learning;
- the corporate training centres (internal and external);
- training centres (internal and external) that offer mainly training and related services to outside users / customers;
- society for which training is a support service to the main business (e.g. Company that produces goods and provides training service to its customers to learn how to use and the maintenance of the goods supplied);
- organizations that offer training exclusively to their staff, typical of large companies (e.g. Banks) and therefore constitute training centres.
Benefits of ISO 29990
The adoption of ISO 29990 allows:
- maintain high satisfaction of the needs and expectations of the users of the training activities;
- monitor and improve the performance and skills of the staff involved in the delivery of training services;
- identify goals for quality and practical direction for the learning services;
- ensure that the application of the formation is established, monitored, evaluated and documented appropriately;
- raise awareness of the promotion of two-way communication between employees and collaborators, on items that can have a direct impact on them;
- keep up to date teaching materials needed for learning;
- to ensure better management of internal audits, which will be performed by properly trained with a view to identifying real opportunities for the improvement.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Towards tomorrow's low-carbon economy
Lloyd's Register's report for the Oil and Gas Authority explores upstream opportunities in UK waters to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
31 Mar 20
CMA Shipping 2020.
20 Apr 20
Seatrade Cruise Global.
4 May 20
Offshore Technology Conference.