You need this course if...
- You are from any organization in the food supply chain, i.e. from “farm to fork” and want an understanding of ISO 22000, its content and application.
- You want to perform internal audits Food Safety Management Systems (FSMS) against ISO 22000, ISO 22002-1, and the FSSC Scheme additional requirements
- You work in the food sector, and wish to learn how to audit food safety management systems as an internal auditor
You will learn...
- The background and principles of food safety management systems (FSMS).
- How to identify the key attributes of an effective FSMS.
- To describe, analyse and interpret the fundamental requirements of ISO 22000.
- The underpinning principles and benefits of a FSMS in an organisation’s success
- The principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards
- The importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- How continual improvement is applied within a FSMS
- The contribution audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- The roles and responsibilities of a FSMS internal auditor
- About processes, and how to use them to audit the effective implementation of the FSMS
- To prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process based checklists
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- How to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation being audited, including applicable regulations and legislation
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000
You will need…
- Prior experience of working in the food chain and knowledge of HACCP principles.
- Knowledge of ISO 22000 (ideally gained from attending LR’s 1 day ISO 22000 Appreciation and Interpretation course)
- Experience of working in the food supply chain
- Knowledge of the following Food Safety management principles and concepts:
- implementing or operating a management system within a food sector context. This includes private schemes such as BRC, GLOBALGAP, FSSC and/or other schemes which include management system components.
- relevant key food safety legislation (this may be specific to delegates’ food industry context and location).
- knowledge of prerequisite programmes as specified in ISO/TS 22002-1.
- Good Practice guides for Agriculture (GAP), Veterinary (GVP), Manufacturing (GMP), Hygiene (GHP), Production (GPP), Distribution (GDP) and/or Trading (GTP) depending on the segment of the food chain in which the student operates.
- the principles of HACCP as defined by the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- To understand the basics of how organisations work and the role of top management
Your future development...
- Internal Auditor
- Food Safety Management Systems Lead Auditor (FSSC 22000 and IRCA approved).
- ISO 22000 Auditor/Lead Auditor Conversion (IRCA approved).
- FSSC 22000 approved courses (FSSC 22000 approved).
- FSSC ISO 22000 Auditor/Lead Auditor
- OH&S, EMS or QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor conversion courses
- Tutored Audits (coached live audit at your company)
- See our Business Improvement courses
Face To Face
Delivered by one of our expert trainers who facilitate participation and discussion.
2 Mar - 4 Mar 2020
- SGD 950.00 excluding tax
19 May - 21 May 2020
- SGD 950.00 excluding tax