This course will provide you with knowledge and skills to enable you to audit an environmental management system (EMS) against specified audit criteria (either ISO 14001 or your own internal management system documents) at first party (internal) level. You will gain knowledge of the business benefits of implementing an EMS and the background to ISO 14001.
With regard to auditing you will acquire knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of internal auditors, the contribution that audits make to a management system, how to plan, prepare for and report audits. The course also defines what corrective action is and who is responsible for taking such action and what involvement the auditor has in the process. The course provides the opportunity to carry out an audit of an EMS so that newly acquired knowledge and skills can be applied.
This course is designed for individuals involved in the development, implementation and maintenance of environmental management systems. Your knowledge and skills are developed through an interactive and practical approach to tasks and audit activities. The course is delivered by tutors who are experts in management systems auditing and experienced in training.
Upon successful completion you will receive a certificate providing evidence of your competence to employers and auditor certification bodies.
You need this course if…
- You want an understanding of ISO 14001 and the requirements of ISO 14001
- You want to be an Internal EMS Auditor
You will learn...
- The purpose and value of an effective EMS and its contribution to your business
- The purpose and intent of ISO 14001 and its relationship to other standards including the IS 14000 series
- Essential definitions and terminology to help you interpret and apply ISO 14001 requirements
- The key requirements of ISO 14001 and how they relate to one another
- How to determine environmental risks and opportunities
- The business benefits of implementing an EMS and the background to ISO 14001
- The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 14001
- The contribution internal EMS audits can make to the effectiveness of your management system
- The roles and responsibilities of an Internal EMS Auditor
- How to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- How to verify that current practice in your organisation conforms with defined requirements
- That auditing for conformity can improve the stability and robustness of management systems
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of documentation
- To report findings accurately
- What corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
- How to follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken
Your future development...
Face To Face
Delivered by one of our expert trainers who facilitate participation and discussion.
10 Jun - 12 Jun 2020
- SGD 950 excluding tax