ISO 9001 has been designed as a model of best practice already adopted by organisations that may or may not have achieved formal certification. The course is highly interactive in guiding delegates to understand the business cycle of plan-do-check and act (PDCA) and relating this to their own organization.
Poor interpretation of this standard can lead to additional bureaucracy which do not add value to an organization and indeed can inhibit creativity. This course helps to dispel the myths that continue to exist and will help delegates to challenge existing practice that may not add value to the organisation.
You need this course if…
- You want an understanding of ISO 9001 and related QMS standards, and qualify management systems (QMS)
- You want to be an internal QMS auditor
You will learn...
- The purpose of management systems standards and the scope of ISO 9001
- The common structure for management systems standards and the content of ISO 9001
- The approaches that underpin 9001 including:
- the process approach
- the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
- risk based thinking
- The quality management principles and how these relate to the content of ISO 9001
- The requirements from ISO 9001 and explain how these requirements could be met
- How to apply ISO 9001 requirements to operational processes and explain their interrelationship
- The role management systems and internal audits play in helping business manage their risks
- The roles and responsibilities of an internal QMS auditor
- How to plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- How to carry out your audits using LR’s 6 stage approach
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of documents
- To evaluate audit findings and determine conformity, nonconformity and effectiveness
- To report findings accurately
- What corrective action is and who is responsible for taking action
- How to follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken"
Your future development...
If you are looking for a course for four or more people, you may find our in-house option more cost-effective. Contact the team for a quote.