Who will benefit?
This course is for everyone who is involved in the technical aspects of the new construction of ships. Suitable for those with a basic understanding of ships and associated engineering disciplines, it will be particularly valuable for prospective site team members with operational experience, but limited direct contact with shipbuilding.
Through individual and group exercises, discussions and presentations from experienced new construction project managers, you will learn about and understand:
- Shipbuilding contracts and the associated issues that can arise
- New building site team organisation and the fundamentals of project control
- Key processes, inspections andtests in hull new construction
- Machinery new construction, installation and testing
- Sea trials and related issues
- Delivery and post-delivery matters.
The course covers a range of technical content including:
- Steel preparation, fabricationand block erection
- Typical defects in steel shipconstruction
- Basic non-destructive testing
- Main engine installation
- Shaft alignment
- Rudder and propeller fitting
- Electrical installation and testing
Regardless of engineering background and previous shipbuilding experience, you will leave the course well briefed on what your responsibilities are likely to be in the shipyard.
By the end of this course you will be able to
- Oversee key stages of the newbuild process
- Understand the processes concerned, and ask pertinent questions when required
- Evaluate the situation critically
- Contribute more effectively to ship new construction projects
- Help safeguard your company’scapital investment.
Delegates will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Other courses that may interest you
- Hull Inspection-Damage and Repair
- Superintendent Programme
- Classification and StatutoryRequirements
- A Practical Approach to ShipSurveys
This course has been granted official IMarEST CPD recognition.
Subscribe to our training newsletter to receive details of courses and seminars near you
This three-day course covers the key practical aspects of modern shipbuilding.
26 Oct - 30 Oct 2020
Central America virtual session (Spanish) - 26/28/30 Oct
- $USD1350 excluding tax