FSSC 22000 v4.1 certification puts organizations in a good place to meet the FSMA PCHF Rule; however, the market has increasingly asked for third-party verification of the relevant FSMA requirements. As a result, the FSSC 22000 Foundation has developed and released the FSSC 22000 FSMA Audit Addendum for Human Food as a voluntary supplement to FSSC 22000 certification.
Although FSMA is US legislation, it impacts food and drink organizations and their suppliers around the world. FSMA is as comprehensive as it is far-reaching; its rules and regulations are designed to have influence beyond US borders and into the global food supply chain, from farm to their fork. In addition, FSMA has specific requirements for foreign supplier verification.
What does the FSMA Addendum Audit cover?
The FSSC FSMA Addendum audit includes a review of:
• Subpart A – General Provisions
• Subpart B – Current Good Manufacturing Practice
• Subpart C – Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls
• Subpart F – Requirements Applying to Records
• Subpart G – Supply Chain Program
What are the benefits?
The FSSC 22000 FSMA Addendum for Human Food is a supplemental audit to help FSSC 22000 Certified organizations demonstrate an independent, third party audit of their FSMA readiness.
Benefits of adding the FSMA addendum to FSSC 22000 certification include:
• Streamlined approach for incorporating the FSMA PCHF requirements into your food safety management system that are not explicitly included in the FSSC 22000 standard
• Flexible audit duration that considers the size and complexity of your organization
• Evidence-based FSMA report to help demonstrate that your organization has integrated the requirements of the US FSMA PCHF Rule into your Food Safety Management System
• Ability to correct findings and nonconformities before the final FSSC 22000 FSMA Addendum Report is issued
• FDA FSMA audit readiness as a result of your team’s FSSC FSMA Addendum Audit experience with LR’s FSMA qualified auditors
Why choose LR?
Lloyd’s Register (LR) has been a market leader and highly recognized and trusted in food safety assurance, certification and training for decades, and we serve over 33,000 food and drink organizations around the world.
- FSMA knowledge and experience – our food safety team understands the complex nature of FSMA requirements, and we have proven experience supporting clients across the supply chain with FSMA readiness and FSMA addendum audits.
- Food safety experts – our IRCA qualified FSSC 22000 lead auditors are FSMA PCQI HF trained and qualified and second to none. Our assessors are required to meet some of the highest qualifications in the industry, and all have extensive experience working across the food and drink supply chain.
- Licensed and accredited – LR was among the first licensed FSSC 22000 certification bodies, and we’re independently accredited by UKAS for FSSC 22000 certification.
- Robust, risk-based approach – our team of experts has contributed to the development of the FSSC 22000 standard; we know the requirements inside and out and are therefore best suited to assess your system with a robust risk-based approach to help protect your brand and reputation. We focus on the areas that matter most and that present the most risks for your organization to provide thorough assessments that help build confidence with your customers and key stakeholders.
- Proven client experience and account management – communication and partnership are at the heart of what we offer our clients; we offer dedicated account management teams to make it easy to work with us.
Complete FSMA Services – beyond the FSSC FSMA Addendum, LR is your full-stop partner for FSMA. From FSMA PCQI HF Training to FSVP Training to FSMA Accredited Foreign Supplier Certification, we’ve got your covered.
How we can help
We apply our expert solutions and independence to assure the integrity, reliability and success of every aspect of your operation. Helping maximize productivity and recovery, reduce operating costs, mitigate risk and demonstrate compliance with government regulations, industry codes and standards, many of which we have helped to develop.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
AIC – Agricultural Industries Confederation
The Agricultural Industries Confederation (AIC) was formed in 2003 and is the UK’s leading trade association for the agri-supply industry.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these upcoming events
18 Sep 19
BRCGS Packaging Materials 6 Webinar
5 Nov 19
SQF Conference 2019
San Antonio, TX