The US FDA issued FSMA Final Rule on Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for Importers of Food for Human and Animals is now final. For the purposes of FSVP, an importer is the U.S. owner or consignee of a food offered for import into the United States. How are you ensuring your suppliers are in compliance? LR’s foreign supplier verification services can evaluate hazard- and risk specific criteria.
As stated by the US FDA, it is a program that importers covered by the Rule must have in place to verify that their foreign suppliers are producing food in a manner that meets the same level of public health protection as the preventive controls or produce safety regulations and ensure the supplier’s food is not adulterated nor misbranded with respect to allergen labeling.
What are the benefits?
- Determining known or reasonable foreseeable hazards with each food
- Evaluating the risk posed by food, based on the hazard analysis, and the foreign supplier’s performance
- Using that evaluation of risk and the supplier’s performance to approve suppliers and determine appropriate supplier verification activities
- Conducting supplier verification activities
- Conducting corrective actions
- Establishing and following written procedures to ensure food is imported only from foreign suppliers approved based on evaluation of risk and the supplier’s performance
- Developing, maintaining and following a FSVP for each food brought into the United States and for the foreign supplier of that food
- Evaluating risks posed by imported food and supplier performance at least every 3 years, or when new information comes to light about a potential hazard or the foreign supplier’s performance.
Need help with FSVP?
LR provides Foreign Supplier Verification services to help assure that your ability to successfully manage your supplier’s FSMA compliance is seamless and effective – throughout your organization and your supply chain.
- Step 1: Establish & Prioritize Objectives and Evaluate Supply Chain Risks
- Step 2: Identify Approach, Criteria, Methodology & Reporting
- Step 3: Assessment & Training
- Step 4: KPI Reporting & Action
Why choose LR?
- Tailored to your requirements
- Provide impartiality when you need it most
- Offer an opportunity to assess your food safety and supply chain risks and FSMA requirements worldwide
- Offer efficiency and lets you focus on managing your business
How we can help
We apply our expert solutions and independence to assure the integrity, reliability and success of every aspect of your operation. Helping maximize productivity and recovery, reduce operating costs, mitigate risk and demonstrate compliance with government regulations, industry codes and standards, many of which we have helped to develop.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
AIC – Agricultural Industries Confederation
The Agricultural Industries Confederation (AIC) was formed in 2003 and is the UK’s leading trade association for the agri-supply industry.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these upcoming events
25 Feb 20
Global Food Safety Conference 2020