Most organizations process some sort of personal information and many class it as an organizational asset. With such reliance on personal information, organizations need to protect their reputation and implement the appropriate controls to safeguard their data.
BS 10012:2017 is the management system standard for managing personal information. Revised to address the requirements of the GDPR.
With many organizations processing personal information of some sort, BS 10012 can help implement policies, procedures and controls to manage an individual’s personal data effectively. It can help you address how your organization manages and executes employee security awareness training and risk assessments, plus your data retention and disposal processes.
What are the benefits of BS 10012?
- Compliance – BS 10012 certification displays a commitment that your organization is meeting the requirements of the GDPR, demonstrating both compliance and accountability.
- Security risks – BS 10012 can help you identify and mitigate your information security risks for the personal data you process.
- Stakeholder confidence – Certification to BS 10012 provides your customers, trading partners and other key stakeholders, with confidence that you have addressed all security risks relating to their personal information.
- Reputation – BS 10012 safeguards your organization’s reputation from damaging publicity relating to data security violations and potential prosecution.
- Capability statement – BS 10012 presents a public and independent statement of your organization’s capability to protect individuals’ personal data, which may help when responding to tenders.