By adding stratigraphic awareness to IC’s visualisation tools, you can bring the concept of geological time to your Wells and expand your regional interpretation quickly and easily.
IC allows you to build and store a variety of stratigraphic schemes, built from dictionaries, that are linked to specific data, to ensure a confident understanding and interpretation of the adjacent strata to quickly identify missing data and unconformities within your Wells.
- Build related data from a single dataset, tops can become zones, that can build ages and additional zonal data as well as specific lithologies
- Build age/depth mapping to display wells in chronostratigraphic age
- Maintain control over stratigraphic relationships through user-defined dictionaries
- Calculate True Stratigraphic Thickness
▲ Stratigraphic Schemes can build new data based on the applied relationships as a guide. Interactive editing, gridding and zonal mapping reporting can tie back to these relationships.
Identifying which units are present or absent and the younging direction are at the cornerstone of all stratigraphic understanding built within IC. When editing data, building grids or visualising your wells, the stratigraphic awareness that can be activated results in a much deeper understanding of both the stratigraphic and the possible strucutral elements to your subsurface
- Quickly display step-changes in zonal analysis mapping based on the stratigraphic scheme relationships
- Plot your well data by Age or True Stratigraphic Thickness
- Generate Sequence Stratigraphy plots for sediment supply or accommodation space are desired
Generate depth, thickness, zonal analysis and log statistics based on inferred stratigraphic understanding as a result of your Stratigraphic Scheme relationships.
▲ Flexible displays allow a multitude of depth references to drive correlation or single well plots. TST, Age as well as MD TVDSS and TVD can highlight subsurface variations easily.
Overview of IC Stratigraphy
For years, we have continued to build on our understanding of what you need to ensure consistent and powerful interpretations of your subsurface data. Click on each section below to read more about each of our four cornerstone toolkits.
IC Data Management.
Integrate disparate data sets to allow your entire team to work together flawlessly.
IC Geological Evaluation.
Generate the most up to date data review summaries and map displays for your wells quickly.
IC Stratigraphic Awareness.
Utilise an understanding of the stratigraphic relationships encountered downhole across you database.
IC Production Monitoring.
Pull in the history of your energy production to create dynamic reviews with up to date field understanding.