What is it?
In 2015, the GOST certification for Eurasian Customs Unit was replaced by the EAC (Eurasian Conformity) certification. The certification process has become more straightforward, partly because it's now consistent with the European Union's CE marking.
However, there are still many questions that exporting manufacturers ask:
- Is pressurized equipment manufactured according to an internationally accepted code, such as ASME, accepted?
- Which documents, technical specifications or customs formalities are required and to whom should they be submitted?
- Which documents must be included in the technical passport that has to be sent with the product?
- Who can prepare those documents in Russian?
The process for applying for the EAC certificate may vary depending on the type of product. An EAC certificate is issued following an appropriate inspection according to a Eurasian Customs Union Technical Regulation, or CU TR.
What we do.
LR can help make the EAC certification process as smooth as possible:
- We can act as agent of the manufacturer and maintain contacts with the Russian certification authority
- We take care of the technical approval of your product in the first step, similar to EU Directive approvals. For example:
- CU TR 010 - Machine safety;
- CU TR 032 - Pressure Equipment (Russian form of PED);
- CU TR 012 - EX (explosion hazardous), similar to ATEX / IECEx - the former GOST EX;
- CU TR 004 - LVE (Low Voltage);
- CU TR 020 - EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility).
- There is no need for duplicate work.