What is it?
All pressure vessels imported, made, designed in, or used in most Australian states must comply with Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
Each state has its own Occupational Health and Safety regulation. However all states except for Victoria and Western Australia have adopted the Unified Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The act states that all boilers and pressure vessels must be inspected by a Registered Plant inspector in the following circumstances:
- Before being placed in service in the workplace for the first time
- After being returned to service after major structural repairs
- After being relocated, if it is a normally fixed plant
- When significant alterations or additions are made to pressure retaining parts
- At intervals specified by a code of practice (where one exists)
- As determined by the manufacturer, or the Director of Industry Safety, if there is conflict or other advice is not available.
All states accept designs registered with other Australian states.
What we do.
Lloyd's Register is authorized by the Australian government to carry out necessary inspections to the OHS standards.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Global Rigging and Synthetics
Certification for the manufacturing of sling sets gives Global Rigging a competitive advantage.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.