Seafood, Aquaculture and Responsible Fishing assurance and certification from Lloyd’s Register helps provide brand protection for local and global fisheries and aquaculture sectors and deliver safe food for consumers.
From the largest manufacturers and processors to the smallest suppliers, LR’s range of food safety and sustainability assurance services and team of seafood and aquaculture experts can help you achieve your goals.
We are the world’s leading provider of seafood assurance services, operating in over 40 countries across six continents We offer fisheries, aquaculture producers and seafood processors a wide range of internationally recognized specialist audits and inspections covering everything from sustainability and provenance to food safety and quality, including:
- Aquaculture Stewardship Farms Standard (ASC) certification
- Global G.A.P. Aquaculture certification
- Best Aquaculture Practice (GAA BAP) certification
- Seafish Responsible Fishing Scheme (RFS) certification
- Marine Stewardship Council Standard (MSC) certification
- BRC, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, SQF, HACCP certification and supplier audits
Why Choose LR?
- 100% of UK assured Salmon and Trout audits
- Deliver seafood and aquaculture audits in 40+ countries
- Over 100 associates and specialist auditors
- Largest global provider of MSC Sustainable Fishing Assessments
- Over 100 species of fish assessed
- Experts in seafood supplier audits for retailers and manufacturers
- Provider of the world’s only ethical and welfare audit for fishing vessels
- Pioneered the 1st accredited aquaculture standard
- Our experts play a pivotal role in the advancement of sustainable fishing through our work on various technical committees