Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls for Animal Food Training, Live Online and In Person
The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals regulation (hereafter referred to as the Preventive Controls for Animal Food rule) can be found in Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 507 (21 CFR part 507). The Preventive Controls for Animal Food rule is intended to ensure safe manufacturing, processing, packing and holding of animal food products in the United States. The FSMA requires that certain activities must be completed by a preventive controls qualified individual who has successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls.
This FSMA preventive controls qualified individual training course was developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) and is the standardized curriculum recognized by FDA, and successfully completing this course is one way to meet the FSMA employee training requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual” or PCQI.
This FSMA training course is delivered by a curriculum which is intended as a FSMA preventive controls qualified individual training tool to assist companies in complying with the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) preventive controls regulations as part of the FSMA final rules.
You need this course if...
- You are working towards meeting the requirements of the FSMA preventive controls qualified individual training under the Preventive Controls for Animal Food rule.
- You need a better understanding of the requirements of the Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Animal Food regulation (referred to as the Preventive Controls for Animal Food regulation).
- You want to attend an FDA-recognized FSPCA FSMA PCQI for Animal Food training course.
- You need an FDA-recognized FSPCA preventive controls qualified individual for Animal Food training course certificate.
You will learn...
- Regulatory overview and introduction to the FSMA Preventive Controls fo Animal Food rule
- Animal Food Safety Hazards
- Overview of the Food Safety Plan
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
- Required Preventive Controls Management Components
- Process Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Controls
- Supply-Chain-Applied Controls
- Recall Plan
- Acronyms and Abbreviations Reference
- Example of a Food Safety Plan
- Attendees will receive an FSPCA preventive controls for animal food participant manual.
- 2.5 days (20 hours)
- This FSMA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Animal Food Training course can be delivered as an onsite event at a location and venue to suit your food safety team and organizational needs. To schedule your onsite training, please contact us.
- If you do not want or do not have the time to travel to a venue in order to attend the course, join us in a true virtual classroom using top-notch technology and enjoy a state of the art remote delivery experience.
- In our live-remote online courses, you will get the same content and activities that happen in the traditional classroom, including breakout group work, while saving time and money.
- You can attend from anywhere and all you need is a computer, a webcam and a broadband internet connection.
Public course dates
- Registration is available for this FSMA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Animal Food Training course through the dates and locations below. If you don’t see a date or location to suite your needs, please contact us.
Locations and dates