This two-day course is designed for individuals involved in the maintenance of Environmental Management Systems through internal auditing but would also provide insight and knowledge of the business benefits of implementing an EMS.
The course is delivered by tutors who are experts in management systems auditing and experienced in training.
Who should attend?
- Individuals responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an EMS to the organization
- Those requiring the knowledge and skills necessary to interpret the ISO 14001 standard in the context of internal auditing.
What will you learn?
- The business benefits of implementing an EMS and the background to ISO 14001 and EMAS
- The purpose, intent and key requirements of ISO 14001
- The contribution of the internal EMS audits to your management system
- The role and responsibilities of an Internal EMS Auditor
- To plan your audits by developing effective checklists
- To verify that current practice in your organization conforms with defined requirements
- To improve the stability and robustness of management systems
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and sampling of documentation
- To report the findings accurately
- What is corrective action and who takes responsibility
- To follow up and verify the effectiveness of corrective action taken.
What do you need to prepare?
- A basic understanding of environmental issues before attending this course would be advantageous, but not essential
- To have conducted internal audits in any of the following disciplines: quality management, health and safety and/or environment would equally be advantageous, but not essential
- Ideally you will have attended our ISO 14001 Appreciation and Interpretation.
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- Certificate of attendance.
Your future development
- EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor CQI & IRCA Certified
- EMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Conversion CQI & IRCA Certified
- Introduction to ISO 50001.
Certification with Exemplar Global
For an additional $99 USD you can also obtain an Exemplar Global Course Certification for this course.
What are the advantages of adding the Exemplar Global Certification to this course?
With the additional Exemplar Global Course Certification, you will get access to:
- The Exemplar Global Work Style Behavioural Assessment
- One-Year Graduate Certification
- Use of Exemplar Global’s brands and logo to promote your certification
- Access to Exemplar Global Webinars and Online events
- Access to Exemplar Global online resources, including Auditor OnLine and regular Job Board notifications
- Access to the social community of graduates
- An innovative, continual learning environment for learners and graduates
- Ongoing support for an entrepreneurial career track for graduates and learners
How to add Exemplar Global Certification to your training course?
If you're booking online, you can add the option of Exemplar Global before you proceed to checkout or contact our team directly.
Find out more