You need this course if...
- You want to audit Food Safety Management System (FSMS) against ISO 22000 requirements
- You carry out supply chain audits and a formal qualification will attract a high level of credibility
- You want to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
You will learn...
- The underpinning principles and benefits of a FSMS in an organization’s success;
The background, purpose and intent of ISO 22000
- The principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment and management of food safety hazards
- The importance of aligning food safety specific controls with other general management system controls
- How continual improvement is applied within a FSMS
- The contribution audits make to the effectiveness of a management system
- The roles and responsibilities of a FSMS auditor and lead auditor
- About processes, and how to use them to audit the effective implementation of the FSMS
- To prepare thoroughly for audit and the value of process based checklists
- To gather objective evidence through observation, interviewing and reviewing documentation
- How to relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organization being audited, including applicable regulations and legislation
- To report your findings accurately against the requirements of ISO 22000
- The certification requirements to become a registered auditor/lead auditor with IRCA.
You will need...
- To have successfully completed an IRCA approved Auditor/Lead Auditor course if you wish to register as FSMS Auditor or Lead Auditor with IRCA. If you do not meet this criteria, you need to attend our five day FSMS Auditor/Lead Auditor course
- Extensive experience of auditing management systems
- Experience of working in the food supply chain before attending this course
- A working knowledge of relevant key food safety legislation, prerequisite programs, Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP principles as defined in Codex Alimentarius
- Ideally, to have attended our Introduction to ISO 22000 course.
Three days in-house only.