If you want to know more about energy management principles and how ISO 50001 can be used to improve energy performance, this two day training course will help you understand the requirements and how to apply them.
Who should attend?
Individuals who are members of the energy team within an organization, or need to learn more about energy management principles and how ISO 50001 can be used to improve energy performance.
What will you learn?
- Key energy management principles covering the following areas: fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- Relevant sources of energy regulation, guidelines and standards
- Typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and schedules
- Energy use data analysis methods
- Energy performance indicators, monitoring and performance measurement
- The impact of organizational processes and equipment on energy efficiency
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers
- Purpose of the energy team
- ISO 50001 requirements and how to apply them to the management of energy use and consumption
- To develop energy baselines, including the use of variables to normalize data
- To identify ways to improve energy performance and how to manage these initiatives using an EnMS.
What do you need to prepare?
No knowledge or experience of ISO 50001, energy management systems and energy management principles is required.
- 12.5 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- Certificate of attendance.