For almost 260 years, safety has been at the core of everything we do, for our colleagues, our clients and society and we are fully committed to supporting your business throughout these challenging times.
Our focus is to protect the health of our employees, customers and our communities. To contain the virus since the outbreak, we have taken the following actions:
- Strictly followed government and health authority guidelines on both mandatory and self-isolation within affected areas;
- Introduced quarantining where necessary;
- Been in continuous dialogue with our staff to report any illness of themselves or their close family members;
- Provided additional protective equipment, including masks, gloves, sanitising equipment and temperature monitors to our employees;
- Trained our employees on coronavirus prevention, established a series of communications channels to promote important hygiene messages and continued to address our employee’s concerns and questions as they arise; and
- Ensured full and immediate compliance with central and local governmental instructions.
Before conducting work, we have introduced additional protocols that help assess the risks of specific jobs. A key part of our prevention plan is to reduce contact by considering alternate options to conduct surveys, delaying non-critical work and exploring where inspections, audits and assessments can be undertaken remotely. By considering such measures, we can collectively reduce the spread of the virus. We request your support in the completion of these processes.
For the most up to date information on the Coronavirus outbreak please visit the World Health Organization.
For the latest information about our operations in your area please contact your local LR office.
Current status in most affected countries
We are pleased to confirm that our work on yards and client sites has now resumed however we continue to monitor the situation. Work remains suspended in the Hubei province. Shanghai and Beijing have not formally re-opened. However many of our offices are now open, albeit with reduced staffing with most office-based personnel continuing to work remotely or from home.
Work on yards and client sites continues, however work is suspended in Daegu and Cheongdo. Although our offices are open, most office-based personnel continue to work remotely.
Work on yards and client sites continues. Our offices in North Italy are open, albeit with reduced staffing. Most office-based personnel continue to work remotely or from home.