We understand that the correct selection and quality of materials, and correct manufacturing methods, are critical to the safe and cost-effective operation of your installation or plant.
Our engineers apply their extensive expertise in materials, welding and non-destructive examination (NDE) to ensure that specified materials and fabrication practices are suitable for their intended application and will comply with the relevant codes and regulations.
What we offer
We provide materials, welding and non-destructive examination expertise to help you achieve regulatory compliance and successfully address engineering issues. Our failure investigation and analysis determines the root cause of a material failure. We help improve your understanding of the damage mechanisms whilst reducing risk and inspection costs, by identifying causes of failure and recommending appropriate remedial actions.
Our services include:
- Assessment of material properties and their suitability for a wide range of engineering applications
- Assessment of in-service defects and failures to determine metallurgical causes; including fractography and the assessment of metal microstructures and material properties
- Review of welding specifications and procedures for new construction, modifications and repairs
- Technical review of fabrication quality control arrangements •
- Technical support to fabrication surveyors, operational verification surveyors and in-service inspection
- Review of non-destructive testing (NDT) specifications, validations and procedures
What are the benefits?
- Identify technical shortcomings during early design stage
- Avoid costly rework
- Regulatory and code compliance
- Save time and cost during fabrication
- Understand material failure causes
- Improve effectiveness of NDT methods
- Reduce inspection costs
- Reduce risk of failures and downtime
Why choose LR?
In our mission to help you improve your assets' reliability and integrity, we have developed and continue to enhance our portfolio of asset integrity services to the oil and gas and offshore renewable industries. The depth of expertise within the Materials, Welding and NDE team provides vital support to these frontline asset integrity services.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Validation of APPEA method, financial assurance
Making environmental plans possible. Validating APPEA’s industry method to demonstrate financial assurance before operating offshore in Australian waters.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
4 May 20
Offshore Technology Conference.