The QMS Lead Auditor course has been designed to help you prepare on-site audits, develop checklists, audit processes, gather and evaluate evidence, write reports and relate your findings to policy and objectives.
There are three delivery options for you to choose from; a 38-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 5 sessions; a 40-hour virtual classroom course delivered in 7 sessions and the traditional face to face 5-day classroom course.
The virtual classroom courses are delivered in real time by experienced tutors via our online platform and provide delegates with the flexibility of attending from a convenient place, without the requirement of travelling.
Successful completion increases your credibility, satisfies the formal training requirements stipulated by the CQI & IRCA and enable you to conduct external audits against ISO 9001.
Who should attend?
- Organisations who need to audit QMS against ISO 9001 requirements
- Auditors or Quality Systems Managers wanting to add credibility with a widely accepted qualification issued by an UKAS approved certification body
- Anyone wanting to satisfy the formal training requirements for IRCA certification.
What will you learn?
- Purpose of a QMS and ISO 9001 principles
- Essential definitions and terminology
- Analyse ISO 9001 clauses and identify conformance with requirements
- Role and responsibilities of an auditor/lead auditor
- Plan and conduct an interview with top management
- Evaluate an organisation’s quality policy and objectives
- Prepare an on-site audit plan with audit trails across processes and team members
- Audit processes for conformance and effectiveness
- Prepare thoroughly for audit and produce process-based checklists
- Gather and evaluate objective evidence
- Identify conformance and non-conformance with requirements
- Report findings accurately against requirements of ISO 9001
- Write and grade non-conformity reports and evaluate proposals for corrective action
- Relate your audit findings to the policy and objectives of the organisation
- Present your overall evaluation to top management.
What do you need to prepare?
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and experience of auditing
- Basic understanding of how organisation works and the role of top management
- Complete approximately 2 hours of pre-course work prior to attending the course.
- 44 CPD hours
- Training course materials
- Lunch and refreshments for public attendees only
- CQI & IRCA Certificate
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Your future development
See our Business Improvement courses.
Face To Face
Delivered by one of our expert trainers who facilitate participation and discussion.
20 Jul - 24 Jul 2020
- ZAR 13000 excluding tax
19 Oct - 23 Oct 2020
- ZAR 13000 excluding tax