The LRCCS Competent Manufacturer Scheme is an audit of a manufacturer's ability to make certain offshore containers and accessories, according to specified regulations and product standards.
The scheme is based on assessing the manufacturer's control of quality to a recognized assurance standard. Once certified, manufacturers can produce a specified type of container or piece of equipment using the inspection of their own trained quality personnel.
Who is it for?
The LRCCS Competent Manufacturer Certification is for companies that want to:
- Prove to their customers they can produce equipment to specified standards and regulations
- Make sure their products can be used anywhere in the world
- Improve their flexibility and competitiveness
What are the requirements?
To be eligible as an LRCCS Competent Manufacturer, a company must have:
- A quality manual and ISO 9001 certification
- Quality management representatives and personnel
- Internal quality audits
- Purchasing controls to ensure supply chain assurance
- Manufacturing and process controls
- Welding procedures and qualifications in accordance with appropriate standards
LR surveyors who have experience inspecting a manfacturer's type of equipment perform onsite inspections and documentation reviews.
Once certified, our surveyors conduct periodic surveillance checks, as well as conduct a re-certification process every three years.
Competent Manufacturer certificates are issued to individual manufacturing sites.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Terex Trucks: Setting industry firsts for enhanced business.
Setting industry firsts. Certification to revised quality and environmental standards, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015. Read more in our case study.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
28 Feb 18
Hazard-Ex Conference and Exhibition
Cheshire, United Kingdom
28 Mar 18
SPE Aberdeen & Sand Management Network: 8th Sand Management Euroforum
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
27 Nov 18
Cross-border Exploration between UK & Norway
London, United Kingdom