For organisations looking to demonstrate their climate change and sustainability credentials, ISO 14064 verification and validation presents an opportunity to enhance your corporate reputation, manage risks, improve performance and gain competitive advantage.
What we offer
We deliver validation and verification services against ISO 14064, which helps you develop robust, reproducible mechanisms for quantifying, monitoring and reporting your GHG emissions at the organisation or project level. Issued in three parts, each part has a unique intent.
- ISO 14064-1:2006 specifies principles and requirements at the organisation level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and removals. It includes requirements for the design, development, management, reporting and verification of an organisation’s GHG inventory.
- ISO 14064-2:2006 specifies principles and requirements and provides guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of activities intended to cause greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reductions or removal enhancements. It includes requirements for planning a GHG project, identifying and selecting GHG sources, sinks and reservoirs relevant to the project and baseline scenario, monitoring, quantifying, documenting and reporting GHG project performance and managing data quality.
- ISO 14064-3:2006 specifies principles and requirements and provides guidance for those conducting or managing the validation and/or verification of greenhouse gas (GHG) assertions. It can be applied to organisational or GHG project quantification, including GHG quantification, monitoring and reporting carried out in accordance with ISO 14064-1 or ISO 14064-2.
LR’s validation and verification approach is guided by ISO 14064-3:2006
Our ISO 14064 assurance services are focused on:
We help you ensure that your management system meets the requirements of the standard, scheme or set of assessment criteria.
After reviewing your project design data and documentation, we submit a validation opinion statement to confirm that you are able to deliver greenhouse gas removals or emission reductions against the agreed set of criteria.
Our assessment assures your reported climate change data and information to confirm that they are true, fair and reliable and supported by effective management systems.
We are authorised to award certification, giving credibility for your stakeholders through the global recognition of the LR brand.
We provide practical client training courses worldwide in various languages, led by trained and qualified tutors. Many of our courses are endorsed by relevant professional bodies and based on our experience of assessing management systems. We offer both public and in-house training services including customised training solutions.
What are the benefits?
Verification against ISO 14064-1 and ISO 14064-2, will establish the integrity of your systems and processes to ensure that your GHG inventory, assertion or report conforms to the requirements of the standard and are ‘free’ of errors, omissions or misstatements.
Validation against ISO 14064, part two, will establish the integrity of your project baseline, design plan and all supporting assumptions and documentation to ensure that it will realise the projected GHG reductions.
Verification against ISO 14064, part two, will prove that a project has met the projected GHG reductions following its implementation.
ISO 14064 certification helps to deliver:
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Credibility and trust.
- Robust monitoring progress.
- Demonstrable commitment to reducing GHG emissions.
Why choose LR?
We’re expert in not only understanding the potential in cutting-edge ideas, but applying this pragmatically in ways which guarantee impact today and in the long-term.
LR is at the leading edge of GHG verification services across a range of sectors and schemes world-wide. This places LR in a prime position to share experience and expertise to help clients manage their GHG data gathering, monitoring and reporting and gain robust third party verifications of their assertions.
LR has experience of validation and verification within both voluntary mechanisms such as ISO 14064 and the Japanese Voluntary Emissions Trading Scheme and regulated schemes at a national level such as the UK Emissions Trading Scheme, at regional level such as the EU Emissions Trading Scheme and at international level such as the UNFCCC Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and Joint Implementation. LR also has experience within other relevant areas of corporate report verification, including Corporate Sustainability and/or Environmental Reports
Your business helps LR to help others.
The profits we generate fund the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a charity that supports engineering-related research, education and public engagement around everything we do. All of this helps us stand by the purpose that drives us every single day: working together for a safer world.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Case study: Energy storage (Hornsdale wind farm)
How LR delivered technical Grid Connection support for the world’s largest lithium ion battery (100MW/129MWh), known as Hornsdale Power Reserve.
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
22 May 18
AFPM Reliability & Maintenance Conference and Exhibition 2018
San Antonio, TX USA
30 May 18
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 Jun 18