ISO 55001 certification can help you ensure that you are getting the best out of your AMS.
An ISO 55001 certificated AMS allows organisations to manage risk which helps to support business growth and improvement. It enables objective benchmarking of performance across all sectors, both public & private, regulated & unregulated and it allows improved financial performance without sacrificing short or long-term organisational performance.
What we offer
LR recognises that every organisation and its AMS is unique. The impact of the revision to the ISO 55001 will depend upon the complexity of your organisation and the maturity of your management system.
At LR, we take time to understand the needs and unique circumstances of our clients and their businesses, to act with judgement, sensitivity and care.
Our independence means that we’re committed to doing things the right way to reach the highest standards and best outcomes for all, giving our clients confidence in our decisions every time.
We specialise in management systems compliance including gap analysis, assessment and certification, all underpinned with expert advice designed to meet the needs of your industry.
We explore every problem thoroughly with exact, analytical precision. We leave no stone unturned and no questions unanswered, to draw accurate conclusions.
We provide practical client training courses worldwide in various languages, led by trained and qualified tutors. Many of our courses are endorsed by relevant professional bodies and based on our experience of assessing management systems. We offer both public and in-house training services including customised training solutions.
The challenge of globalisation, changing customer requirements, legislation and technology means that worldwide, organisations are increasingly turning to customised assurance programmes, underpinned with client specific criteria, to help them meet their organisational goals.
Our range of customised solutions are focused on delivering client value by offering a variety of tools and techniques to identify the right solution for your business. Once we have assessed your needs, we can then identify the most appropriate methods to equip you with the relevant knowledge and implement the recommended improvement initiatives.
A wide range of assurance services
Don’t let your certification journey stop with asset management; at LR, we deliver certification, validation and verification assessment services to all of the world’s leading standards and schemes including quality, health and safety, environmental, sustainability, energy management, business continuity, cyber security and many more.
What are the benefits?
Completing ISO 55001 certification of your asset management system gives your business several advantages, including:
- Managed risk - Ongoing review of processes, procedures and asset performance enables informed management decisions that balance cost, risk, opportunity and performance to improve organisational efficiency and effectiveness, so managing and reducing risk associated with ownership of assets.
- Supports business growth and improvement - A robust asset management system (AMS) aids improvement with formalised, prioritised and coordinated implementation plans to which the entire organisation can understand and commit.
- Benchmarking - As good practice in asset management is mostly independent of asset type, ISO 55001 enables objective comparison of performance across industrial sectors, between regulated/non-regulated and public/private environments.
- Improved financial performance - A good AMS can facilitate improved return on investment and cost reduction without sacrificing short or long-term organisational performance, which in turn can lead to preservation of asset value so aiding the bottom line/profit.
- Improved services and organisational sustainability - Effective management of short and long-term effects, expenditures and performance improves sustainability, allowing the organisation to consistently meet or exceed the performance and social responsibility expectations to satisfy the needs of stakeholders.
- Enhanced reputation through compliance - Transparent conformity with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements and adherence to quality and asset management standards, policies and processes means improved customer satisfaction, stakeholder awareness and confidence.
Why choose LR?
Our membership of the Institute of Asset Management gives us a position of leadership and expertise that is essential in ISO 55001. Our assessors are asset management and industry specialists who are matched with your business needs, enabling an effective and robust audit of your system. We’re expert in not only understanding the potential in cutting-edge ideas, but applying this pragmatically in ways which guarantee impact today and in the long-term.
Unsurpassed knowledge in the field
Lloyd’s Register took a leading role in the development of PAS 55, and its evolution to ISO 55001.
Your business helps LR to help others
The profits we generate fund the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a charity that supports engineering-related research, education and public engagement around everything we do. All of this helps us stand by the purpose that drives us every single day: working together for a safer world.
Upon being certified to ISO 55001, Paul Weal, Head of Asset Management at Heathrow Airport Limited said, “This is a fantastic achievement across the airport that is a reflection on the level of professionalism and accountability towards our approach to asset management. It is by understanding why we do things, that we can influence the ‘what’ and the ‘how’ in terms of delivering value from our assets, for all our customers.
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Diamond Drilling: Reducing downtime by assuring MODU design
Diamond Drilling: Reducing downtime by assuring MODU design
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
28 Mar 18
SPE Aberdeen & Sand Management Network: 8th Sand Management Euroforum
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
15 Apr 18
NACE Corrosion 2018
Phoenix , AZ USA
17 Apr 18
Oil & Gas Maintenance and Asset Integrity Summit - DJ Schuld