For manufacturers anywhere in the world, the Lloyd's Register Container Certification Scheme 2015 launched today gives a clear and concise set of rules to ensure offshore and onshore containers are safe and certified correctly.
Containers destined for use in any country can be safer by design with Lloyd's Register's certification scheme.
Aimed at both manufacturers and operators of equipment in the intermodal industry, the Lloyd's Register Container Certification Scheme (LRCCS) gives industry the very latest requirements for the design, inspection and certification for three main service areas of intermodal equipment:
- CSC* containers
- Offshore containers
- Tanks for the transport of dangerous goods
The latest scheme updates from Lloyd's Register Energy helps both manufacturers and operators to measure their container equipment against all appropriate state and local regulations and standards using just one, single scheme rather than multiple schemes – saving time and money.
Container surveyors across the world use the LRCCS in their daily work.
The 2015 LRCCS contains several updates as a result of regulatory changes with CSC, as well as updates for ADR/RID/IMDG**, and an updated inspection manual. These changes include:
- Test information relating to updates for CSC and ISO 1496
- Updates for offshore containers with a focus on an inspection criteria for the frame in-service
- A list of all relevant multimodal/intermodal standards, and the current edition/amendment
- A revamped inspection manual, providing clarity for the inspection and certification of multimodal equipment.
Lloyd's Register Energy has all its in-service inspection procedures for offshore containers publicly available to provide inspection criteria for the structural integrity of both offshore and onshore containers.
* CSC: Convention for Safe Containers
** ADR: European agreement for the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road
RID: International agreement concerning the Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Rail
IMDG: International Maritime Dangerous Goods code