Whether a small non-reactor facility or large power plant site, nuclear decommissioning is rarely a straight-forward process. To avoid costly and time-consuming detours, our approach is therefore interdisciplinary, inclusive and adaptive.
By leveraging our expertise in both nuclear and non-nuclear fields, LR is uniquely positioned to help you as we provide a full range of consulting services related to decommissioning and waste management – from high-level strategic planning to in-depth, technical analyses.
What we offer
We offer advisory and peer review services at the strategic level, as well as specialist services, such as:
- Decommissioning planning
- Cost estimation
- Reuse assessment
- Risk assessment (safety and project risks)
- Inventory assessment
- Dose and shielding calculations
- Compliance assessment
- Deterministic and probabilistic safety analysis
- Production of safety analysis reports/technical specifications
- Public and stakeholder engagement
- Regulatory affairs and licensing
- Quality assurance (including ISO27001)
What are the benefits?
With LR’s independent consulting services, we help ensure that your nuclear decommissioning and waste management projects achieve:
- Public acceptance
- Regulatory compliance
Why choose LR?
Lloyd’s Register’s independence and world-wide experience in both nuclear and non-nuclear industries make us uniquely positioned to help you resolve the challenges associated with closure and decommissioning of an individual nuclear facility or a whole site.
- Our holistic, risk-based approach to nuclear decommissioning and waste management reduces costs, uncertainties and risk of dead ends
- Our extensive safety, licensing and regulatory expertise supports facility owners, operators, vendors and national regulators worldwide
- Our capability to deliver probabilistic and deterministic risk and safety analysis is unrivalled in the market place
- Our engineering disciplines are supported by human factors assessments and other valuable analytical and scientific skills
Who we work with
We help businesses across dozens of sectors push forward and achieve like never before. How can we help you?
Training for Huadian Heavy Industries
Designing and delivering bespoke training with the RES Group for a leading Chinese EPC contractor. Read more in our case study.
What we think
LR's experts regularly share their research and insights.
Join us at these forthcoming events
7 Mar 18
2018 IPEIA Conference.
Banff, Alberta, Canada
20 Mar 18
OTC Asia 2018.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
28 Mar 18
SPE Aberdeen & Sand Management Network: 8th Sand Management Euroforum
Aberdeen, United Kingdom