Governments globally set regulations to preserve, protect and improve the quality of the environment and promote the prudent, rational use of resources. In the energy sector, this means reducing as far as possible the risk of major accidents and pollution. As a leading provider of specialist environmental services, we help you limit the consequence of incidents, supporting you with:
- Establishing minimum conditions for the safe exploration and exploitation of natural resources and sources of renewable energy;
- Increasing the protection of the environment and dependent economies against pollution;
- Improving responses in case of an accident;
- Demonstrating financial responsibility for major oil spill incidents;
- Maximising economic recovery and return on investment.
We also assist regulators, including when writing new environmental regulations.
What we offer
We help you in two fundamental ways.
Establishing what’s required
- Understanding the operating context in terms of the environmental and the needs of interested parties.
- Identifying and assessing a project’s environmental risks and impacts, and the opportunities to address these effectively and robustly.
- Defining and meeting legal environmental obligations and operating requirements.
- Establishing priority areas for environmental management.
Managing what’s required
- Building organisational capacity and management capability across environmental management system (EMS) activities encompassing: policy, procedures, documentation, operational control, contractor management, emergency response, leadership, training and communicating requirements internally.
- Carrying out performance monitoring, evaluation and analysis through audits, reviews and management of corrective actions.
- Continually improving environmental focus and management.
- Environmental impact identification (ENVID), environment risk assessment (ERA), due diligence and specialist studies, including environmental impact assessments (EIAs) and development of best available techniques (BAT).
- Independent audit, assurance and verification services, covering corporate, regulatory and supply chain requirements.
- Coordinating and managing specialist environmental assessment studies and quality control (QC) assessment, including reviewing field survey data.
- Specialist risk assessments including for chemical hazard assessment and risk management and produced water, as well as oil spill modelling.
- Help with managing and maintaining permits, licences, authorisations and consents.
- Developing and implementing integrated and stand-alone HSSE management systems, environmental case documents, policies, processes and procedures.
- Data verification and reporting for operational, corporate and regulatory purposes, covering financial responsibility, GHG emissions, non-financial corporate reporting, laboratory data, and waste, produced water and process chemicals information.
- Managing subcontractors for projects requiring raw data from sampling, analysis and other specialist inputs.
What are the benefits?
- Identify and manage the environmental risks of your operations, including how best to respond in the event of an accident.
- Meet regulatory requirements to operate and stakeholder expectations.
- Underpin internal environmental standards and your corporate reputation.
- Maximise economic recovery and your return on investment.
Why choose LR?
From project assessment to operations and decommissioning, our multidisciplinary team of environmental specialists support you throughout the lifecycle of energy projects. We understand the key environmental issues you face, including planning for forthcoming regulatory changes, we're here to de-risk your operation and the processes involved.