For manufacturers exporting to or selling within the European Union, gaining the CE mark for their products can be a complicated process. This eLearning course offers an umbrella introduction to a wide range of European Community (EC) Directives, including:
- General introduction to the EEA, EC Directives and CE Marking
- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED 2014/68/EU)
- Simple Pressure Vessel Directive (SPVD 2014/29/EU)
- The Machinery Directive (MD 2006/42/EC)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC 2014/30/EU)
- Low Voltage Directive (LVD 2014/35/EU)
- Construction Products Regulation (CPR No 305/2011)
Our CE Marking eLearning is available in 3 different packages:
Teaching by asking
Through our years of experience offering training for EC Directives, we have found that our clients rarely need the same level of training for all their employees - some are experienced and need a refresher course, while others are new to the concept of CE Marking.
LR’s adaptive learning methodology uses a ‘teach by asking’ approach that tests the learner’s knowledge and confidence before it teaches them. This helps them learn more efficiently by focusing on what they really need to study to gain competence.
As the learner goes through the training, our adaptive learning engine feeds continuous data points into an algorithm. This adjusts the course path for each person, giving them a faster, easier and more focused way to learn.
Flexible subscription options
Our CE Marking training is designed to adapt to the learner. That’s why we offer three subscription levels which offer different levels of support.
The standard version is designed for those who may need a refresher on CE marking or only need to understand the basics.
Three levels of support
|Our 1-year subscriptions||Standard||Plus||Personalised|
|LR's CE Marking online training course, delivered through our cloud-based adaptive eLearning engine, which includes the following modules:
• Introduction to the EU, EEA
• Structure of an EC Directive
• General overview of CE Marking
• Machinery Directive (MD)
• Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
• Simple Pressure Vessels Directive (SPVD)
• Construction Products Regulation (CPR)
• Low Voltage Directive (LVD)
• Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC)
|Regular virtual classroom sessions
(tele/video-conference) to learn from real-life CE
Marking experience from LR instructors, engage
with other learners and ask questions.
|Access to an online messageboard/forum to ask
questions and solve challenges with help from LR
instructors and your classmates.
|Access to LR’s CE Marking starter toolkit containing
useful reference information to support you in CE
Marking throughout the future.
|Expert review of your first Declaration of
Conformity for completeness and adherence to CE
|2 hours of 1:1 technical support, providing you a
direct link directly to our experienced trainers and
SME’s. You can use this support for any difficult
scenarios you have, as well as expert review of your
first CE Marking documentation (e.g. Technical Files,
What you'll learn
This eLearning will help you navigate the requirements to gain the CE Marking for your product. You'll learn how to:
- Identify applicable legislation and requirements
- Identify the appropriate route to conformity
- Assess for conformity
- Create and compile a Technical File
- Declare conformity and CE Marking
Who will benefit?
The course is suitable for engineers and non-engineers alike.
Thanks to the flexible approach to learning, our CE Marking courses are ideal for virtually anyone at your company, ranging from those who need a general overview, to those who are involved in the design, development, production, selling or administration of products sold in the European market.
- All subscriptions offer you 12 months access to the online course, giving you the opportunity to access the content and refresh your knowledge at any time during this period.
- LR certificate of completion.
The course takes, on average, 4-6 hours to complete.
Training from LR
With Lloyd's Register, you can learn in the way that works for you. We offer courses in a range of styles, from in-house to virtual classroom. Find out more about Ascend Training Courses from Lloyd's Register.
Access the course online and study at your own pace, at a time and place to suit you.
USA Standard subscription - $199
- GBP 199 excluding tax